First Name
Mikey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
How's it going everyone,

So after reaching out to some of the long term vets of this site and weighing in on what could possibly be the next Official mega-thread here for this platform. After hearing what they had to say I considered the response and certainly agreed it would be best to first acquire feedback from the community before I move any further.

That said, let's get to the details-

So the thread topic would be Performance related, specifically "Weight Reductions". Now, before you stop and think "Why" or "Thats crazy amount of useless info that wouldnt be very applciable" , let me provide you with why I even thought of suggesting it in the first place........

That reason in fact being that there are several on going, main, go to whatever threads such as "After market Turbo official thread" for example right? Well I was considering it in personal perspective, the idea of weight reduction which got me thinking.... it would be nice to have some where to have specs and other related options/recommendations for the avenue of the items related to weight reduction. Why is that? Simple: for both the guys with serious goals to squeeze what power they can at that top level and not to mention, guys with lower budgets, (for example the type R group with the Fuel pump Achilles hill. I know I was finding it hard to swallow spending $1599 after I bought the XDI pump (not to mention the sting and burn when several of the friends I have local to my car community that own mustangs get bigger fuel pumps at $200-$500).

So all that said, would anyone be interested in such a thing? Maybe any takers to helping with me said possible thread? I have considered providing such things like part weights, combinations of removal that suit noticeable gains and the locations of those said parts and how to remove the part in question. Along with pros or cons of removal and anything that would be critical or helpful obviously.

Any Input, Ideas and constructive criticism appreciated.

Thanks again and looking forward to hearing back.
Sponsored