TSI

TSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice! You’ll be happy. Upgrading the intercooler was one of my favourite mods. The pipes also look awesome in the engine bay.
Thanks! I’ve been looking forward to installing it every time I get home after work but it’s been cold and crappy here, plus the sun starts setting around 4pm so it sucks lol!
Sponsored

JW0914

Banned
Banned
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Orion Nebula
Country flag
Nice! You’ll be happy. Upgrading the intercooler was one of my favourite mods. The pipes also look awesome in the engine bay.
Are the charge pipes black powder coated as well? If so, you may want to look into some sort of basalt fiber insulation to wrap around them as it's likely they're going to increase the temperature of the air going through them due to the physics of how efficiently black absorbs heat
  • Our engine bays get extremely hot the closer you get to the turbo's exhaust side (this is why the warning is there for the hood prop) and the charge pipes run on the right side of the engine.
    Everyone's experienced this at some point: on a sunny day, compare how much warmer you get with a black shirt on vs a white or light gray one (this is why polar bears have black skin with hollow fur follicles - which is why they appear white)

JW0914

Banned
Banned
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Orion Nebula
Country flag
I got the black powder-coated PRL intercooler with the charge pipes!
Are the charge pipes black powder-coated as well? If so, you may want to look into some sort of basalt fiber insulation to wrap around them as it's likely they're going to increase the temperature of the air going through them due to the physics of how efficiently black absorbs heat
  • Our engine bays get extremely hot the closer you get to the turbo's exhaust side (this is why the warning is there for the hood prop) and the charge pipes run on the right side of the engine.
    Everyone's experienced this at some point: on a sunny day, compare how much warmer you get with a black shirt on vs a white or light gray one, and is why polar bears have black skin with hollow fur follicles (why they appear white).
Sponsored