Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
For track, we definitely need a bigger rad anyway..

I start to hear C&R IC and rad, are they new to fk8 game??
They’ve had a radiator and IC since last year. You just haven’t heard about it because no one has run it. It’s really popular in Australia and some parts of Asia. They specialize in high end racing cooling products. Formula 1, NASCAR, V8 super car, etc.
Sponsored

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They’ve had a radiator and IC since last year. You just haven’t heard about it because no one has run it. It’s really popular in Australia and some parts of Asia. They specialize in high end racing cooling products. Formula 1, NASCAR, V8 super car, etc.
Are they same as PWR? I know PWR has some good shit

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Are they same as PWR? I know PWR has some good shit
Yes. C&R is the US company under PWR. Made with same materials and specs as PWR but hand made here in the US.

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
So your saying it will be worse then the stock intercooler?
the track junkies are cr fan boys because its the only thing that works for hot lapping. Out side of that, any other intercooler, especially a bar and plate is going to be better than stock as far as cooling charge air

RBrackett

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R Aegean Blue Metallic
Country flag
I live in the south so hot ambient temps are the normal. Ran some errands yesterday evening. It was 88° after "cooling off" around 630ish. My IATs were around 128°f. So heat would definitely be a problem for me 10mths outta the year. C&R seems like the way to go

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
So your saying it will be worse then the stock intercooler?
anything will be better than the stock intercooler if you don't plan on tracking the car. Which is why i said it depends on what you plan on doing with the car.

driving on the streets or your occasional back roads, i have zero issues with PRL down here in southern california. I wouldn't do perrin or greddy cause imo its too tall but any other intercooler will work better than stock if you dont have any plans to do hot laps at the track.

Rustlinjimmies

First Name
Meh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I have the prl and honestly its a beautiful IC and if you can wait I'd suggest waiting unless youre dead set on getting one asap then that's up to you but PRL is definitely a great company and the quality is top notch

OP
OP
2020CTR

2020CTR

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic type R
Country flag
I have the prl and honestly its a beautiful IC and if you can wait I'd suggest waiting unless youre dead set on getting one asap then that's up to you but PRL is definitely a great company and the quality is top notch
I’m going With the hks intercooler with charge pipes . Pulling trigger

RBrackett

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I’m going With the hks intercooler with charge pipes . Pulling trigger
yea Kami has the cooler and piping instock. im seriously tempted on that or the C&R.

Kami also has the TE37 18X10" +34 instock im eyeing hard. not sure if i can run them all the way around. without may modding/spacers or rubbing tho....

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
yea Kami has the cooler and piping instock. im seriously tempted on that or the C&R.

Kami also has the TE37 18X10" +34 instock im eyeing hard. not sure if i can run them all the way around. without may modding/spacers or rubbing tho....
If you are willing to wait, I can give a comparison between the C&R and HKS. +34 is pretty aggressive. I wouldn’t go more than +40. The saga come in 18x10 +40 face 4 which is what I have and they’re awesome

RBrackett

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you are willing to wait, I can give a comparison between the C&R and HKS. +34 is pretty aggressive. I wouldn’t go more than +40. The saga come in 18x10 +40 face 4 which is what I have and they’re awesome
Yea, they had +34 that I'm eyeing. Also looking at 19x8.5 since I won't be dropping the car at all. Want something to fill the wheel gap

Tev42

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Does anybody have the 27won intercooler with the PRL charge pipe kit? I am trying to see if the kit from PRL is worth it. I have heard good things since it replaces more of the stock piping than the 27won pipes do

uzaseafan

First Name
Keoni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback sport
Country flag
So I was supposed to get my prl intercooler shipped to me today , but they pushed back the order to 8/29 . So I’m getting a refund and looking for a different brand, any recommendations ?

I have heard plm is good , what else is as good or better ?

Also wouldn’t hurt if it was cheaper lol
Injen good brand cai and exhaust I'm pretty happy with.
Sponsored