Intercooler stencil paint re-do and are charge pipes worth it?

Crakzor

First Name
Mathanael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevy Cruze, 2020 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello,

I’m thinking about re-doing this stencil paint on my prl intercooler. It looks bad. What do y’all suggest to prevent this from happening again. I want it to last forever so I never have to take this bumper off again.. I’m looking at charge pipes because if I’m taking the bumper off, I might as well get this done, but if it’s not worth it on stock turbo I may just do the repaint only.

I used prl recommended Duplicolor engine enamel

Thank you.

Honda Civic 10th gen Intercooler stencil paint re-do and are charge pipes worth it? IMG_2953

Honda Civic 10th gen Intercooler stencil paint re-do and are charge pipes worth it? IMG_2952

Honda Civic 10th gen Intercooler stencil paint re-do and are charge pipes worth it? IMG_2951

Augenauf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
+1 for leaving it plain. I've never been one to give companies free advertisement lol.

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
charge pipes are worth it if you plan/have a bigger turbo. From all I've read, minor to no gains on stock turbo.

VF85

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI
Country flag
I would leave it plain too. I'm planning on upgrading my FMIC later this year and will probably just leave it as is.

I'm curious to know what people think about the other part though. I'm on stock turbo too and will probably never upgrade it. From what I've read, sticking with the factory pipes is the better option. Would anyone disagree with that?

Los’fk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
I would leave it plain too. I'm planning on upgrading my FMIC later this year and will probably just leave it as is.

I'm curious to know what people think about the other part though. I'm on stock turbo too and will probably never upgrade it. From what I've read, sticking with the factory pipes is the better option. Would anyone disagree with that?
fk8 owner* but from my experience, when I was stock turbo I actually felt some added turbo lag from the prl charge pipes. Once I upgraded my turbo I felt the charge pipes were worth it. If I had stayed stock turbo, I wouldve taken off the prl charge pipes and stayed OEM

Mr. X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R #45600
Country flag
fk8 owner* but from my experience, when I was stock turbo I actually felt some added turbo lag from the prl charge pipes. Once I upgraded my turbo I felt the charge pipes were worth it. If I had stayed stock turbo, I wouldve taken off the prl charge pipes and stayed OEM
Thanks for this input. I was on the fence about swapping out my charge pipes. I don't plan on upgrading the turbo but I do want to upgrade the intercooler.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I felt some increased lag with stock turbo once I added my Mishimoto IC + charge pipes. But once I added an aftermarket downpipe, that lag was pretty much negated.

IMO, the intercooler looks best bare silver or fully painted black - no stencil.

Los’fk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Thanks for this input. I was on the fence about swapping out my charge pipes. I don't plan on upgrading the turbo but I do want to upgrade the intercooler.
No problem. As stated above, you might see some lag (albeit a small amount) as well from a much larger intercooler such as the Mishimoto. But there are ways of offsetting that. I personally have the PRL ic and never had lag issues with only that product

rtypefk8

First Name
rtype
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
type R
Country flag
This is good to know about charge pipes
Sponsored