Intercooler Pipping

First Name
John Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Wondering If anyone has used these with their Si and or their 1.5T . Was wondering if I need a K-tuner for it or I'm good running it with the stock factory tune. I'm building a budget Street/Daily not going for power but just want more free flow on my engine Thank You!!

SES1573ICPBLK - Injen Intercooler Piping Kits $635.13 CAD. (Before Prov. Tax & Shipping)
Honda Civic 10th gen Intercooler Pipping 32ae343e-0511-4a3a-87ad-aedf4674f9dc-800

PLM-IT-HFC-BLK-SI - Private Label MFG Intakes $472.00 CAD. (Before Prov. Tax & Shipping)
Honda Civic 10th gen Intercooler Pipping 559cdd2e-5b77-4047-bdf3-0874870fcb71-800

Last edited:

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
If you're not already upgrading the IC I don't see any point in adding the charge pipes.

Crowe

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
@Vincent@27WON

Thoughts on the blatant rip off?

Do you pursue legal action? Is one of your suppliers doing you dirty?

And to OP, if they are the same price, why wouldn't you just go with the original version and support the team who put time into R&D to creating the product? Their customer service has an incredible track record for not only listening to customer input, but also doing the customer right if one of their products fails. Genuinely curious.

-Actually while doing some googling, saw that that intake has a "sale" price of $295. Not sure if that's a real sale or if that's just a marketing tactic in order to inflate the perceived value of a knock off, or if this essentially just the same product with a different badge that they can get for cheaper, likely because they are a larger company who can leverage lower prices. Guessing that's why OP would choose this one, plus it's in stock (although limited number).

Either way, boo on this company for stealing intellectual property. Considering we can see pictures of the CAD files on 27Won's blog posts, it's obvious who put in the actual work designing this intake.

OP
OP
lauretajohnpaul
First Name
John Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
If you're not already upgrading the IC I don't see any point in adding the charge pipes.
I have thoughts on upgrading them but if I can get away on making my engine breathe a bit better with just intercooler pipping then I see that as a win win. I'm really not looking for power. I'm satisfied with what the stock power is on the Si. I'm still wondering if it would shoot a code if I change the charge pipes.

OP
OP
lauretajohnpaul
First Name
John Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
@Vincent@27WON

Thoughts on the blatant rip off?

Do you pursue legal action? Is one of your suppliers doing you dirty?

And to OP, if they are the same price, why wouldn't you just go with the original version and support the team who put time into R&D to creating the product? Their customer service has an incredible track record for not only listening to customer input, but also doing the customer right if one of their products fails. Genuinely curious.

-Actually while doing some googling, saw that that intake has a "sale" price of $295. Not sure if that's a real sale or if that's just a marketing tactic in order to inflate the perceived value of a knock off, or if this essentially just the same product with a different badge that they can get for cheaper, likely because they are a larger company who can leverage lower prices. Guessing that's why OP would choose this one, plus it's in stock (although limited number).

Either way, boo on this company for stealing intellectual property. Considering we can see pictures of the CAD files on 27Won's blog posts, it's obvious who put in the actual work designing this intake.
I had a plan on going full on 27won on my Si before but there's no point now since I'm saving up for a house and an S2000 but that's just one of the reasons but my main reason is. There's no retailers here up North were I am, I still have to order most my parts from Ontario based retailers and they sometimes have troubles of getting parts due to availability and my province being to the far east of Canada we get jacked up prices and taxes too with the conversion and after the fees. The availability and convenience is one of my reasons too, I know I'm being rude but most 27won parts are limited, although they are great and fully devoted in doing research on the 10th gen platform I just don't see me spending the amount of money that I'm gonna spend if I'm only building a street/daily. I just want to free up my engines breathing capability and take some restrictions of on a budget. Maybe in the future if I get my hands on a FK8 Type R that I would definitely go out of my way and budget to go full on 27won but I am happy with the power that the Si has I'm just looking for making my engine work less if that makes sense. I'll say it again My apologies if I offended anyone on my reasons please do understand them too and thank you for the helpful answers!!

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
If you’re going to upgrade your piping to a bigger size than stock, turbo lag will increase not unless you also plan on upgrading your turbo to a bigger one.

OP
OP
lauretajohnpaul
First Name
John Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
That's in CAD. The 27WON CAI is currently 480 CAD before shipping and customs.

It is definitely a blatant knock off though.
Still depends on the provincial tax, last time I checked with all said and done the intake is gonna be roughly around $700.00 CAD. Looking at that price that's good for a bi-weekly mortgage payment. I see where you're going though with 27wons support, product research and quality the $700.00 would speak for it's self but I don't see it as worth it for me unless I want power. I just want my car to breath easy, I know you might suggest a drop in free flow filter but the stock air box's still restrictive. Thank you for your response!

OP
OP
lauretajohnpaul
First Name
John Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
If you’re going to upgrade your piping to a bigger size than stock, turbo lag will increase not unless you also plan on upgrading your turbo to a bigger one.
Make sense, I don't know why that didn't click in my head. Thank you!

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Go for the dp/fp combo if you want to squeeze in more power from bolt-ons.
Agree. If you focus on making the car to breath better, go for DP/FP combo. Stock intake on the 10th gen. is sufficient for the stock turbo to breath. Replacement filter should be good for daily driving.
Sponsored