Intercooler OR Intake next?? Help a mahfk out!!

What should I buy next?

• Total voters

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback
6mt
TSP stage 1

Trying to decide what to buy next:

-Injen Intercooler (I commute alot so heat soak is terrible)

-27Won cold air intake

-PRL Cobra intake

Would like to hear people's thoughts on each product. Especially if you have one of these intakes. I'm torn between which one I would want if I went that route.

Thanks!
Sponsored

m_kluch

First Name
Maryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
I would vote IC but not for Injen. Go with Perrin or PRL. The Injen one is too small IMO.

The Vyzitor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport FK7, 2010 VW GTI MKVI
Country flag
Intercooler. But maybe PRL, Mishimoto, or 27Won. Even Greddy. Any other brand besides Injen

OP
OP
CVCTURBO

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag
I'm wondering how loud the recirculating valve sounds with the 27won intake?

Thanks for the input so far fellas

DRTHVDR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CivicX Hatch
Country flag
YouTube has good clips of the 27won intake. Sounds good but if you're willing to spend the dough, can't go wrong with the FMIC. Just not injen. I've never been a fan of their products going back to when I had my STI. Like ^^^ said go 27won or PRL.

TrippyPancakes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport (CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The Mishimoto intercooler is on a sweet sale right now if price is why you chose the Injen one

OP
OP
CVCTURBO

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag
The Mishimoto intercooler is on a sweet sale right now if price is why you chose the Injen one
I honestly like the Injen intercooler because it sticks forward more than others and shows better in the lower part of the grille. It looks thicker and meaner

TrippyPancakes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport (CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I honestly like the Injen intercooler because it sticks forward more than others and shows better in the lower part of the grille. It looks thicker and meaner
Ahh I see. I'll cast my vote as getting an intercooler first (as someone who did the opposite and installed a CAI first) but I would read what the forum has to say about Injen parts for this car so far to stay educated. However in the end if the Injen intercooler is what will make you happy then go for it.

OP
OP
CVCTURBO

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag
Ahh I see. I'll cast my vote as getting an intercooler first (as someone who did the opposite and installed a CAI first) but I would read what the forum has to say about Injen parts for this car so far to stay educated. However in the end if the Injen intercooler is what will make you happy then go for it.

Yeah I know that Injen intakes are garbage but I haven't heard anything bad about the Intercoolers. I want the heat soak to stay down but I also want to hear the BPV more lol So I'm having a hard time deciding

alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017
Country flag
Well its depend, if ur living in hot area , u should go for intercooler ... Like me in canada ( montreal ) its rare we have extreme weather so intercooler will maybe be the last part of my build . For now , I dont see anyway problems with my tsp stage 1 map 3

cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 6MT
Country flag
FMIC, all the way. Especially with your tune you're more than likely just blowing hot air through the turbo without the intercooler.
Sponsored