Intercooler install

olagimo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
recently bought an intercooler. have seen videos online of the install and they all jack up the car to take the bumper off. has anyone done it without jacking it up? im on stock suspension, so i think i can get away with it. thoughts? anyone done it? thanks
Sponsored

Pe0plez

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
recently bought an intercooler. have seen videos online of the install and they all jack up the car to take the bumper off. has anyone done it without jacking it up? im on stock suspension, so i think i can get away with it. thoughts? anyone done it? thanks
I think it's definitely possible. I did it thisbpast weekend with some homemade ramps. I'm also lowered though.

As long as you can get to the plastic clips and screws on the bottom you should be fine.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Jacking it up makes it easier to access the screws and pop-clips underneath. So, possible, but annoying.

I just put mine on beefy cinder blocks. works fine.

cota

First Name
jaiden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
i did my intercooler without jacks. I just crawled under to remove the plastic clips and i believe 1 bolt from each side for the bottom part of the bumper. im not lowered tho. if you are at all, then yes u will need to jack it up just to access the tabs.

JasNeo

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si Coupe
Country flag
Is there a reason you're trying to do it without jacking the car up? It makes it 10x easier. If you don't want to use a jack get a set of ramps. That's how I did mine.
Sponsored