cjackgo
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Just wondering if anyone else has been experiencing this lately. I park as far away as possible in the car park all the time and lately (in the last 2 months) I have noticed that beater cars park on the line or over it right beside me. Not sure if it’s intentional because I know I park as close to the front row as possible when I’m in my beater car. Has anyone else experienced this?
Yeah they are fucking with you. Trying to get your goat. Goo all the way to the outer edge of the lot and park parallel to the outside curb. Then if they park next to you it's harassment. Take video each time it happens and be sure to record the plate. You can go park there and just hang out, in line-of-sight, and wait for them, ask them, have a confrontation. Warn 'em to fuck off, wear your side arm.
Sponsored

cjackgo

cjackgo
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
years ago, I had a little Acura RSX. I always park far away. This particular day I parked in a highrise parking garage. I drove up to a level that had zero cars. Upon my return, the level was still empty, except for one nice, shiny BMW 6series that parked over the line blocking my drivers door. I had to crawl in thru the passenger door. He literally had an entire level of parking spaces to choose from and he made a choice that day to be an asshole.

I made a choice that day too.

That was the best 5 minutes of my life, opening and closing my drivers door as hard as I could, bashing it into their passenger side door until it was well dented in and scratched to hell. Tore the paint up on my door edge, but man, I smiled every day I walked out to my car and saw the scraps in the door edge. I wore that damage like a badge of honor.
That was actually very foolish of you to damage your own car. Why didn't you move your car, then take our your lug wrench and put a bigg-ass deep dent in every singe body panel? Hood, roof, trunk, fenders, doors, and then leave. lI guarantee that ass hole would never pull that shit again.

redcoats1976

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic coupe,2015 camaro RS
Country flag
at 62 years old im probably what you consider elderly.however i park way out in the parking lot,far away from other cars and if your car is already there i skip a space out of respect for others property.i would also be pissed off if some idjit parked too close to either my civic or my camaro.

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
at 62 years old im probably what you consider elderly.however i park way out in the parking lot,far away from other cars and if your car is already there i skip a space out of respect for others property.i would also be pissed off if some idjit parked too close to either my civic or my camaro.
I do the same thing. #Respectful Parking

Let’s make it a thing

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I haven't experienced that. But were I live most of the parking spots are so small that you always have to park very close to each other. Sometimes I'm feeling like Indiana Jones when climbing in or out of the car door.

A few weeks ago I had someone throwing a lot of cigarette butts on my car when it was parked for few days at the same spot. One of the butts even burned itself really hard into ruber on the side of the roof. But I don't know if that was unintentionally or just someone who's used to throwing his cigarettes out of his appartement window.

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I haven't experienced that. But were I live most of the parking spots are so small that you always have to park very close to each other. Sometimes I'm feeling like Indiana Jones when climbing in or out of the car door.

A few weeks ago I had someone throwing a lot of cigarette butts on my car when it was parked for few days at the same spot. One of the butts even burned itself really hard into ruber on the side of the roof. But I don't know if that was unintentionally or just someone who's used to throwing his cigarettes out of his appartement window.
Years ago at a set of lights, a passenger flicked their cigarette but out their window and it landed inside my car (had all four windows down). Wasn’t too worried coz it was a crappy car I had at the time. Though I did pull over to look for it in case it started catching fire ? somewhere in the carpet floor or cloth interior. What are the chances lolz

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
About 2 years ago I went to a bar and it was sport night so when I got there, their were almost no parking space but luckily (or unlunckily) a guy had just left a curb spot so I backed in hugging the spot so tightly that my rims were practically touching the curb, giving enough space for the SUV next to me. The space was so generous that you'd have to swing the door all the way out carelessly to hit me, and guess what I still came out to a big door dent and scratch. Lesson here is, at the end of the day no matter how much you try to protect your car, there are too many idiots out there and eventually your time will come.

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
About 2 years ago I went to a bar and it was sport night so when I got there, their were almost no parking space but luckily (or unlunckily) a guy had just left a curb spot so I backed in hugging the spot so tightly that my rims were practically touching the curb, giving enough space for the SUV next to me. The space was so generous that you'd have to swing the door all the way out carelessly to hit me, and guess what I still came out to a big door dent and scratch. Lesson here is, at the end of the day no matter how much you try to protect your car, there are too many idiots out there and eventually your time will come.
Geeeezzz, I just wanna punch that driver in the face for you mate!

mohaas05

First Name
Kamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
I usually try to park farther out too. Only time I had someone park next to me way out it was another Civic. Didn't mind - game recognize game I guess.

raynist

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Cosmic Blue Civic EX-T Manual
Country flag
It is intentional. It has happened to me often as well when I own a new car. I park as far from the store entrance as possible in big-box or mall parking lots and come out to find a big truck or SUV parked up so close to my passenger side that it is almost impossible for that driver to get out of his car without dinging my car. This is in a row with dozens of empty spaces on either side of my car. It just happens too often for it to be a coincidence.

I have seen people deliberately opening their car door into a new car parked next to them and we have all heard of the jerks who key new cars. You have to understand human nature. Envy is a real part of who humans are. Otherwise Bernie Sanders would not be so successful as a Politician.
On the rare occasion this has happened to me I let the air out of their tires.

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazda3 5sp manual, 2012 Genesis sedan
Country flag
I know it has been a while for activity here but that is one thing I like about my 2006 Mazda3. It is no longer flawless and I have been through all of the things most everyone else experiences with new cars. Worry is no longer an issue but I still park out away from people or next to the buggy racks at stores because most people who care enough to return a buggy to the rack will do so properly. People are generally disgusting nowadays the way they don't show any respect to other people or anyone's property. Does anyone remember the commercial with the Indian on the side of the road looking at all the trash along the highway. It is a sad situation that so many people accept and just don't show any care or concern,

TriangleHeat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe (FC4, K20C2)
Country flag
I have seen people deliberately opening their car door into a new car parked next to them and we have all heard of the jerks who key new cars. You have to understand human nature. Envy is a real part of who humans are. Otherwise Bernie Sanders would not be so successful as a Politician.
For real there are some really bitter jealous people out there, it's wild. Their mindset is "if I have a beat up junker because I can't afford a better car, who gives a shit about yours?" I park as far away as possible but just minimize time spent parked in public to begin with if at all possible, people drive and act like legit animals these days.

ian408

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Type R Sonic
Country flag
I usually back into the stall and put the passenger side more toward the line. This means you're parked at a slight angle. Problem solved.

I have a truck as well. It's got sliders on it-I don't usually get door dings although many have hit the sliders with their own doors...

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
People by nature are desperately trying to introduce some order to the reality, so they make rules like "people are like this, or people are like that" to understand and tame the world. But the truth is that there are billions of people out there and as they say, it takes all kinds to make a world. You will never guess the intentions and the way the brains of all of them are wired.

I have been lucky so far to avoid any upsets in the "someone dinged/scratched my car" department and while I was always aware, I parked in the first space available as a rule. I go shopping all the time and park at Walmarts, motels all over the place, etc. Maybe it's because, while I did live around such low lifeforms as college students, and in some cockroachy appartments, I never had to live too near truly big US city urban areas. The one time wife's minivan was damaged in a parking lot (of a movie theater) the guilty party left a note with their name and insurance. So I owe one to the world.

So just last week I went to a grocery store about 10 pm and there was just several cars around the store front , otherwise the parking lot was empty. I went further in, away from the only entrance to the parking lot and parked totally alone. Of course when I came back in just 20 minutes or so, there was a red Kia soul parked right by me. At first I was annoyed, but I really couldn't suspect any bad intentions. Maybe some happy female thought it would be cute to have two bright red cars side by side. And it was parked nicely in its space.

I've been parking farther away with this civic, but I'm still not sure whether it's better to park close to the entrance with the crowd of normal people, or far away with the weirdo's. When I park far away, I'm more visible and in the company of all supect looking junky gangsta cars, travellers, blacked out menacing mustangs with smoke coming out the windows, etc.
Sponsored