Intake Options

905Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Sensing, 2020 Kia Telluride SX
Country flag
Hi all,

Enjoying the Civic as always, but it's actually become a bit of a secondary car. I'm hopeful to enjoy it a bit more as it's actually the 'fun' car for wifey and I. With that said, I'd like to enjoy the sound a bit more. I've been running KTuner for over a year and just got TSP Stage 1, but am missing some nice sound. I currently have the PRL silicone tube with a dry drop-in filter. I found that never changed the sound at all. No other engine mods.

What are other Canadians running for intake sound? I know 27WON is designed for the Canadian model without messing with the WF reservoir, but after currency conversion, shipping, and customs it looks like it would be VERY expensive.

Any other options?

I've heard Mishimoto (https://www.tdotperformance.ca/mishimoto-mmai-civ-16bl-performance-cold-air-intake.html) should work, and even came across BMS - https://www.parkautomotorsports.ca/products/bms-honda-turbo-intake .. but not there's not much out there on that one.

Thanks all!
Sponsored

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
PRL Short Ram will work. It’s what I’m using in my car until I can afford a 27WON. I was going for 27WON initially but after everything it’s almost $600 to bring it over from the states. Used ones go quick too.
I only paid $200 for my PRL used off Facebook marketplace. I’d keep your eye out, they come up once in a while.

OP
OP
905Civic

905Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Sensing, 2020 Kia Telluride SX
Country flag
PRL Short Ram will work. It’s what I’m using in my car until I can afford a 27WON. I was going for 27WON initially but after everything it’s almost $600 to bring it over from the states. Used ones go quick too.
I only paid $200 for my PRL used off Facebook marketplace. I’d keep your eye out, they come up once in a while.
Cheers. Yah I think I'll go the SRI route, especially since I don't drive the Honda every day so extreme heat soak should be avoidable on them hot days. And yes.. the exchange rate is killer!

nyczrayy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver
Country flag
Today I just installed my Mishimoto SRI and man it sounds pretty good. Got it from procivic.com

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
27won works good but it is quiet..
I have PRL cobra CAI with windshield washier relocation... It is loudest one and best in performance so far in the market.. This cobra thing is so loud that people from down the street can hear the wooish.. it just sounds so nice..
Yes, it is a bit of work to install it but I think it worth the hassle

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Last edited:

David16touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic touring, 2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring FWD.
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you can find a PRL short ram intake up by you I would recommend it! I have the race MAF SRI and it is pretty loud lol
Sponsored