2.0L Intake Options

CivicPlease

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan
Country flag
I have a 2.0 Civic and I was wondering what are the best options there are for intakes. I know about Aem, k and n, and injen intakes. Do you guys have any experience with any of these? Any recommendations on which one I should get?

Also planning on getting a ktuner v2 soon.
Sponsored

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't think they have one for the 2.0 do they?
Disregard my post. Was reading way to many forum posts and threads at the same time I posted. My apologies!

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They have a couple but they are $$$ and not really worth it that downpipe and ktuner is the way to go if you can swing it with emissions

zabih107

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
They have a couple but they are $$$ and not really worth it that downpipe and ktuner is the way to go if you can swing it with emissions
This man speaks truth!
I think you should get the ktuner first, then the downpipe if emissions not a problem. For Intake just get the drop-in filter.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
Honestly if you look at the intake on the 2.0 it is pretty good as is. It takes cool air through the grille so no heat soak. And the oem Honda filters are really good. They are oiled and what seems like a synthetic or cotton blend. But they breath great and the pleats stay open very good. I agree the ktuner is your best option for a noticeable difference

OP
OP
CivicPlease

CivicPlease

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan
Country flag
Honestly if you look at the intake on the 2.0 it is pretty good as is. It takes cool air through the grille so no heat soak. And the oem Honda filters are really good. They are oiled and what seems like a synthetic or cotton blend. But they breath great and the pleats stay open very good. I agree the ktuner is your best option for a noticeable difference
This man speaks truth!
I think you should get the ktuner first, then the downpipe if emissions not a problem. For Intake just get the drop-in filter.
Yes next mod is that I'm saving up for a ktuner. Is there only one base map tune on that so far? For the 2.0 CVT?

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes next mod is that I'm saving up for a ktuner. Is there only one base map tune on that so far? For the 2.0 CVT?
Yeah I believe there is only one tune right now for the 2.0

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Oh. Wells it's honestly expected. Wish they'd show some more love to the 2.0s I really think it has potential.
Don’t worry, you will feel a difference with the tune. But you are right, there definitely is some more potential from the 2.0

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ahahaha do you time your 0-60?
Haven’t yet. But before I couldn’t hang with my girlfriends hatchback 1.5t cvt. Now with the tune and better tires I can hang with her now. We run neck and neck. So I know there was improvement. The tune helped my pull especially on top end. And my tires helped me launch without burning through first gear

OP
OP
CivicPlease

CivicPlease

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan
Country flag
Haven’t yet. But before I couldn’t hang with my girlfriends hatchback 1.5t cvt. Now with the tune and better tires I can hang with her now. We run neck and neck. So I know there was improvement. The tune helped my pull especially on top end. And my tires helped me launch without burning through first gear
Ohh sounds good. Hopefully similar gains show up in a CVT :/

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Yeah no point buying an intake. What I did was buy a new grille that allowed more airflow into the engine, and put in a K&N drop in filter. Grill added some looks and the K&N was cheap. There is even some intake noise that you can hear at low speed from the filter. KTuner is definitely your best bang for the buck in terms of HP gain on the 2.0 Civic though. I'd start there.
Sponsored