taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Im making a intake manifold for my car using a skunk 2 ultra plenum. Will see how it goes

Honda Civic 10th gen Intake manifold developement 11DEA7C6-D7DD-4944-86B9-0357BC48350E

Honda Civic 10th gen Intake manifold developement 02D713B7-AE21-49AC-9916-A2AE6887EE54

Civic_rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX-P
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Make one for the K20C2 after! I know a bunch of us 2.slow owners would buy em!

OP
OP
turbociv910

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Make one for the K20C2 after! I know a bunch of us 2.slow owners would buy em!
Send me a manifold for flange dimensions and i can. I bought one on eBay($50) for the 1.5t to copy so i didnt have to tear apart my car just yet.

OP
OP
turbociv910

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Not bad for scanner and converting to bitmap. Clean the edges up a bit and get a metal prototype cut

Honda Civic 10th gen Intake manifold developement C4AADE5A-2DD4-492B-8FF3-52E48C55ECAB

Civic_rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX-P
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not bad for scanner and converting to bitmap. Clean the edges up a bit and get a metal prototype cut

C4AADE5A-2DD4-492B-8FF3-52E48C55ECAB.jpeg
You'll have to let me know what kind of gains you get with the prototype. How are you machining all of this btw?

OP
OP
turbociv910

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
You'll have to let me know what kind of gains you get with the prototype. How are you machining all of this btw?
cnc router for the wood pieces.. I used to work at a machine and fabrication shop.. buddies over there will be cutting all this out for me

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Im making a intake manifold for my car using a skunk 2 ultra plenum. Will see how it goes

11DEA7C6-D7DD-4944-86B9-0357BC48350E.jpeg

02D713B7-AE21-49AC-9916-A2AE6887EE54.jpeg

What do you expect to gain with this modification? I was trying to educate myself by reading the likes of threads like this ---->CNC Ported Skunk2 Ultra Intake Manifolds but have read a bit of mixed info. Intake manifolds are new to me, although I have read about them in the past. Specifically wondering how it would work in our applications. Thanks!

OP
OP
turbociv910

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
What do you expect to gain with this modification? I was trying to educate myself by reading the likes of threads like this ---->CNC Ported Skunk2 Ultra Intake Manifolds but have read a bit of mixed info. Intake manifolds are new to me, although I have read about them in the past. Specifically wondering how it would work in our applications. Thanks!
considering our intake manifold looks like a peanut shell, anything has to be better for performance.

It is a very small plenum on the factory piece. Great for efficiency and MPG... keeps the air moving at high velocity, but more volume of air per intake valve opening. Larger intake plenum can allow the cylinder to fill with more volume and that means more power. Think of breathing in air from small plastic bag compared to a large paper bag.. Allows you more air. More to it than that but thats the easiest way to think of it.

what to expect..gain power from turbo spool to redline. This design has been proven on another car, just need to make the adapter for the honda.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
considering our intake manifold looks like a peanut shell, anything has to be better for performance.

It is a very small plenum on the factory piece. Great for efficiency and MPG... keeps the air moving at high velocity, but volume of air per intake valve opening. Larger intake plenum can allow the cylinder to fill with more volume and that means more power. Think of breathing in air from small plastic bag compared to a large paper bag.. Allows you more air. More to it than that but thats the easiest way to think of it.

what to expect..gain power from turbo spool to redline. This design has been proven on another car, just need to make the adapter for the honda.

I appreciate your response.
Am currently reading about a dyno on intake manifolds ---> Honda K-Series Intake Manifold Dyno Face-Off
Will try to find some articles on intake manifold designs and pros/cons of them with tests as well. Thanks for the education.

Personal References
Turbo Intake Manifold Design

Last edited:
OP
OP
turbociv910

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I appreciate your response.
Am currently reading about a dyno on intake manifolds ---> Honda K-Series Intake Manifold Dyno Face-Off
Will try to find some articles on intake manifold designs and pros/cons of them with tests as well. Thanks for the education.
short runner, large plenum= max peak power.. most turbo intakes
long runner, normal sized plenum= broad band power...most all motor intakes

Reactions: Myx

Civic_rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX-P
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
short runner, large plenum= max peak power.. most turbo intakes
long runner, normal sized plenum= broad band power...most all motor intakes
I'd need a long runner and normal sized plenum for my N/A build while I save up for a custom turbo kit and new rods. I figured that the civic's manifolds (especially my k20c2 engine's) are especially small to promote a mpg/commuter car mindset.

I'd be down to send you an intake manifold and see what could be done with it. I've not done an intake manifold job myself just a couple easy mods like downpipe, intake, brake work, and exhaust work. Trying for that 200+hp range and since I doubt anyone's going to develop cams for this engine let alone a drop in turbo kit I think this would be a good route to there.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Trying for that 200+hp range and since I doubt anyone's going to develop cams for this engine let alone a drop in turbo kit I think this would be a good route to there.
This is outside the scope of this thread but you can contact DeltaCams to make custom cams for you. I did this with my 2015 Honda Fit. It ran great with them with no issues. However, since my Fit was a CVT, I never was able to utilize the potential power the 'Stage 2' cams potentially provided at rpms higher than my stock rpm. You can't move around top rpm in a CVT. So...it was a wasted effort.

Just an option you can use instead of waiting on the aftermarket. I'm impatient so......

Civic_rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX-P
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is outside the scope of this thread but you can contact DeltaCams to make custom cams for you. I did this with my 2015 Honda Fit. It ran great with them with no issues. However, since my Fit was a CVT, I never was able to utilize the potential power the 'Stage 2' cams potentially provided at rpms higher than my stock rpm. You can't move around top rpm in a CVT. So...it was a wasted effort.

Just an option you can use instead of waiting on the aftermarket. I'm impatient so......
Oh wow I didn't know that was a thing. I figured some company could do it just didn't know DeltaCams was a thing. I'll have to look into it. Unfortunately the LX-P Trim was only available in CVT so I'm either going to have to somehow upgrade it or do a swap which I'm sure isn't cheap. Another thing I can think of doing is moving high torque away from the early 'gears' and have it come on later.

CVT's are known to be quite frail and rocking anything over 2X0 horsies I've been told can score the belt especially the way I drive.

I wonder if they can still account for the I-VTEC in the K20C2 Engine or if I'd need to send them a camshaft.

Regardless I'll be looking to see what upgrades I can do cheaply as I may just swap in a K20C1 (Type R) engine fully built from 4PistonRacing.

Thanks for the info!

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm just here to ask where the runners are.
They're VERY short :D
I also don't see any radius transsition from plenum to "runner".
Plenum volume is quite large for a 1.5L ,and also is determined how large(or small) the TB is.
Sponsored

Last edited: