jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
So like many with a CVT I ran into a big fitment issue with the airbox. It was rubbing awfully on the transmission cooler or whatever that little metal thing is... you guys know what I mean.

I found that if I only installed the top screw on the bracket that connects to the front of the car (short bracket), the intake sat in such a way that there was no contact issue.

Now I know 27won wouldn’t officially recommend that you only install one of the two screws BUT I don’t think they officially recommend heating up and disfiguring the air tube either like so many people seem to be doing.

for me, this non heat method was easily the best option, and when you sock down all the other attachment points, it’s not like the intake is gonna move anywhere anyway.

Just wanted to throw this out there if anyone was struggling and didn’t wanna jack up their air tube... it gets a little scratched up sliding into place as is, why deform it worse

Honda Civic 10th gen Intake Clearance Solution A2707D20-B582-4B90-8693-5311F498568D
Sponsored

xTWISTEDWAYZx

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic touring 1.5t
Country flag
On my 17 touring i found that if i took the bottom mounting bracket from stock, and flipped it around it not only gave me a spot to run a screw/bolt through the side of the intake tube down where it makes the 90 degree turn.

It pulls it pretty far away from where it hits those wires or cooler area. It also pushes the inlet of that tube against the frame there. You could even attach it there but im unsure of the movement down there. I know this bracket and using that same mount hole was used by factor to support the stock air box.

I was comfortable in using it, and so far i have no issues, no noise or knocking, and the attachment point is still fine. It's been 10s of thousands of miles and still there lol.

Just another method to maybe think about or help to bring up another solution.

edited: come to think of it I think i flipped the bracket upside down and even turned it. I'd have to go look to remember ever detail but it wasn't that hard once i couldnt stand that dam thing working its way back and hitting again lol.

Last edited: