Den
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2017 Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Civic Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey Forum Goers,

Has any one installed a short ram intake on their Type R?? If so which brand??? When you installed did you have to clear any codes??

Also,
I'm looking at the Boomba BOV, anyone have reviews or other brands to check out??? (did you have to clear codes after install??

Thanks!!
Sponsored

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Hey Forum Goers,

Has any one installed a short ram intake on their Type R?? If so which brand??? When you installed did you have to clear any codes??

Also,
I'm looking at the Boomba BOV, anyone have reviews or other brands to check out??? (did you have to clear codes after install??

Thanks!!
I don't think anyone makes a short ram intake, nor should anyone. The intake tube sits literally right above the turbo so if you had a short-ram intake, you'd suck in hot air, and the ECU would reduce power significantly (it already does with a stock intake system when you run the car hard and the engine bay gets hot).

PRL is coming out with their Stage 2 intake in the coming weeks / months. They are very data driven as a company so their product is probably the best developed intake on the market, period. Link is here: https://www.civicx.com/threads/prl-...c-type-r-fk8-high-volume-intake-system.31751/

If you can't wait for the Stage 2, they have a Stage 1 intake which is like $120 or something. Pretty cheap mod and you get a nice blow off sound from that, and it flows a bit better than stock. Link is here: https://www.civicx.com/threads/prl-motorsports-fk8-civic-type-r-stage-1-intake-system.26088/

I don't have a BOV and it is not something I personally think is a good idea, but I know a bunch of people run them without any issues. Search the forums, pretty much every question you can think of has already been asked and answered.

bbdave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I’m running the bomba bpv (recirculating) it was a pain to install. I haven’t experienced any issues
Sponsored