insurance

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You’re good considering the situation. You still have minimum liability and UM. That’s far better than going uninsured like a lot of drivers on the road these days. Better time is ahead.
Sponsored

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Your lucky. Not my civic, but I've had a tree fall on car and smash the whole top in. Just in the last year, I've had two jerks run something into my car while I was not in it, so two comprehensive claims in a year.
We're on disability, but I'm not risking anything over the 150.00 I pay , otherwise I'd be out a lot of cash.
As a side note, my friend messed up his brand new Elantra for the second time in about 4 months. Totally his fault both times, i asked what his collision deductible was, he says, I don't know. I asked what his comprehensive was just wondering, he's says, why should there be a different deductible, damage is damage. SMH.

jimmyreal

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What’s your net worth? 401k, equity in a home, etc. etc., and your earning potential?

That’s the minimum liability you need. Full stop.

I’ve never been in a bad accident, or had a total loss of a house... but those things happen and I’m not losing all the wealth I’ve built as an adult, and the future of my kid’s financial well-being, because I’m stupid enough to go underinsured.

the8rotor

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Type R
Country flag
What’s your net worth? 401k, equity in a home, etc. etc., and your earning potential?

That’s the minimum liability you need. Full stop.

I’ve never been in a bad accident, or had a total loss of a house... but those things happen and I’m not losing all the wealth I’ve built as an adult, and the future of my kid’s financial well-being, because I’m stupid enough to go underinsured.
Annnnnd close this thread. Brilliant post

OP
OP

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
I'm not uninsured. As soon as I go back to work and my car comes out of the garage I'll restore my insurance to full coverage. And I have in fact gotten a return on my health insurance. Many times over. No comparison between health ins. and auto ins. We need health care to stay alive.

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
To the OP, If it improved your cash flow, then that’s great but I would never reduce my insurance policies or expect a “return” even if I’m not driving my car because of the pandemic. You’re never promised a tomorrow. So I would be careful wishful thinker like the other person said. I have been with my insurance company for over 5 years now and since I’m on their loyalty program my insurance is still $335 a month due to me getting a newish car. My last car I had, my insurance was only $291 but only because of my at fault accident that happened in Nov. 2018 is why my insurance is a little on the high side and that’s even with a $1k deductible. It was $500. My parents are safe drivers and they’ve never had a car accident (knocks on wood) and they were paying a lot for their premium every month but I think they switch from one company to another. If I was you, I would probably get your insurance back on just for the peace of mind knowing you’re covering yourself in the long run. But to each their own I guess ??‍♀

Last edited:

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Your lucky. Not my civic, but I've had a tree fall on car and smash the whole top in. Just in the last year, I've had two jerks run something into my car while I was not in it, so two comprehensive claims in a year.
We're on disability, but I'm not risking anything over the 150.00 I pay , otherwise I'd be out a lot of cash.
As a side note, my friend messed up his brand new Elantra for the second time in about 4 months. Totally his fault both times, i asked what his collision deductible was, he says, I don't know. I asked what his comprehensive was just wondering, he's says, why should there be a different deductible, damage is damage. SMH.
Sorry to say this but your friend is retarded. What is his IQ score? How does he not know what his deductible is or what kind of insurance coverage he has?!? ??‍♀

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Not "retarded" - just hasn't experienced a loss. I've had auto insurance for 50+ years and can't quote exactly what, when, or how the various deductibles apply. Oh, and never had to use them.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I mean as long as it is paid off you are all good. If you are still paying it off and the loan company finds out you don't have full coverage they can put one right up your butt.
Sponsored