Insurance when Driving your New Car off the lot in California

joserevelo

J Revelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
well it's actually not possible to drive off the lot here in CA without that car being added on to a full coverage policy... idk if it's because i'm 19 years old and they were just looking out for me but they didn't even let me sign for the car until i printed out my online insurance ID cards..
Sponsored

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Uhmmm...guys, a 50/100/50 policy is not a minimum policy. That's a good policy. The 25/50/25 is the lowest full coverage you can get I think.
Holy. Don't think in MD they even allow it go to that low. Mine is 100/300/300

kqn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's odd how everyone didn't get out of the lot wth free insurance like i did.. Was I just lucky?

Angela1256

First Name
Angela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EXL
Country flag
well it's actually not possible to drive off the lot here in CA without that car being added on to a full coverage policy... idk if it's because i'm 19 years old and they were just looking out for me but they didn't even let me sign for the car until i printed out my online insurance ID cards..
when I bought my Fit and Civic, they let me drive off the lot without adding my car to my insurance. I only had to show proof that I had insurance on my previous car though*shrugs*

KyraMorgan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX-T
I have a progressive 50/100/50 policy. Mine is full coverage on both my Coupe and my wife's HR-V. My policy covers everything. I don't take chances with a new car. I also have GAP coverage on my Coupe.
Likewise. Full coverage $250'deductible comp & collision, 100/300/100 body and property. I also have uninsured and underinsured coverage (shockingly A LOT of people drive without insurance in California) I also have a 100,000 mile electrical and mechanical ($250 ded). I like to be almost overly covered! Better safe than sorry!

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
It's odd how everyone didn't get out of the lot wth free insurance like i did.. Was I just lucky?
This doesn't make any sense. Did you receive and ID card from the insurance company showing you as the insured, with legal confirmation that you took out the policy?

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This doesn't make any sense. Did you receive and ID card from the insurance company showing you as the insured, with legal confirmation that you took out the policy?
I'm thinking his salesman sold him a line of BS to make the sale, because I have never heard of a car dealer also insuring the car they just sold.

kqn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No bs! I said I had Mercury insurance but I forgot my policy number to log in. So they just supplies me insurance from western general for one month.

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
So, the Honda dealer is acting as an insurance producer. Without showing personal details, could I see the coverage and premium that is being charged?

joserevelo

J Revelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
when I bought my Fit and Civic, they let me drive off the lot without adding my car to my insurance. I only had to show proof that I had insurance on my previous car though*shrugs*
lol yeah i guess some dealers don't care... i had full coverage on my old policy too and they still wanted me to add the civic all together before driving off
that's pretty cool what that dealership did..

16extsense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T with Sensing
Country flag
If you need to update your policy to full coverage, though, you can call your current insurance, give them the new car info and you're good to go. The dealer let me borrow the computer and I updated my policy online.

Some dealers sell one-month/short-term insurance.

gmaxis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Corolla, 2006 Xterra
Drove off the lot on Saturday night. Insured it today--two days after I bought it.
Sponsored