Insurance premiums for Type R

Summerwha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Civic Hatchback Si
Anyone have any idea about how much insurance will be for the type R? Can we use the vin# that was captured in another thread to get a quote? My insurance agent needed a vin # first. If it's some crazy amount, I'll have to back out.
Sponsored

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
It might cost less initially due to the lack of data. However, if we see them getting stolen left and right, people getting crashing them or getting speeding tickets, it might go up in a few years.

In general, the STI costs less to insure compared to the WRX even though the STI has way more power. It just depends on the data they get on the car.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Anyone have any idea about how much insurance will be for the type R? Can we use the vin# that was captured in another thread to get a quote? My insurance agent needed a vin # first. If it's some crazy amount, I'll have to back out.
I gave the VIN from the other post to my agent at Liberty Mutual and she couldn't locate anything on it...
I might try the idea of checking out the price of insurance on the Focus RS. Is that a good comparison? I mean...drift mode?

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
I gave the VIN from the other post to my agent at Liberty Mutual and she couldn't locate anything on it...
I might try the idea of checking out the price of insurance on the Focus RS. Is that a good comparison? I mean...drift mode?
Drift mode is hiding under driving modes. Insurance company will look at the outside. Wing, extra exhaust tip. Red badge. They will cost the same if not more.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
A good starting point would be what you would pay for a fully equipped Accord Touring - vehicle costs are about the same. Just call a dealer and get the VIN from one of theirs to give your agent.
The Major determinant for your rate will be your driving and credit history and - location, location, location (zip code)! How much deductible you carry and "insurance options" will also have a bearing. For example, we paid $239/year for our new '12 Si with full coverage 100/300k and moderate 3/.3k deductibles. Others reported paying upwards of $1,200 per 3 months ($4,800 per year)!

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Drift mode is hiding under driving modes. Insurance company will look at the outside. Wing, extra exhaust tip. Red badge. They will cost the same if not more.
Or until they see all these instagram heros showing off smashing up they're cars..

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
I wonder who's gonna win the world first crash of the CTR? We know NSX was crashed by a press.

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag
That Focus RS video made my week.

Ty

Now 90 more days until the CTR gets here...

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I got the agent to look into the RS and she said it would go up by 250/year from my 09Si.

Biggeek55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW Type R, 2019 Accord 2.0 Touring, 2017 Hatch Sport Touring, 2015 Civic SI
Country flag
I got the agent to look into the RS and she said it would go up by 250/year from my 09Si.
With Geico replacing my 13 Accord v6 with RS went up $635/yr and I've got a perfect driving record... But I've got a 16 yo daughter and 20 yo son on my account too. They drove it way up.

For fun I had them check if they removed the kids from the account (but kept all the cars; 15 crv, 14 si, 10 camry and swapped the 13 accord for an RS) my insurance went down over $1700 a year. Lol. Moral to the story, sub 21 kids are expensive.
Sponsored