Insurance from 2013 Mini Cooper S Coupe to Civic?

kg4fxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring Black
Country flag
I find it interesting......
I went from a Mini Cooper S Coupe (two seater like a Mazda Miata) only made 4 years. Honda Civic Hatchback Touring 2019 was $17 more? No big deal but I thought with all that safety stuff it would be cheaper? Might be the age of the car? But going from a Sports Car well? Just a thought. I just wonder if insurance companies consider all the safety features on the Honda? Currently with State Farm since 1989. Maybe I should shop around? Not a huge deal but man all those safety features. Maybe I am wrong but it appears the car will avoid front end collision. LKAS cool. And so much more.

I felt like going from a Corvette to a Civic and it is more? I am 56 BTW and clean driving record. I pay around $414 every six months. $1K deductible.
Sponsored

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Neither of them are sports cars, fwiw. Your insurance is still very cheap.

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lunar silver coupe 1.5T
Country flag
Neither of them are sports cars, fwiw. Your insurance is still very cheap.
That’s incorrect. Insurance companies view all two door cars “sports cars” regardless of brand and models. You’ll end up paying more for cars that tend to be sporty or two door regardless of brand. On a different note if he had bought a Camaro or a mustang he would be paying 3 times the amount just because of how often those cars get tickets and wrecks from fukboys driving.

OP
OP
kg4fxg

kg4fxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah, insurance is not that bad. I would have thought for a car with so much safety and that should prevent front end collisions it would be cheaper. From Toyota Corolla to Mini s Coupe a bit of a jump. Just a little jump from Mini to Honda. But then a colleague at work said insurance is high on Honda's. Probably because there are so many mods. I am amazed here at all the mods. Not sure I have seen as many opportunities to Mod other cars.

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I find it interesting......
I went from a Mini Cooper S Coupe (two seater like a Mazda Miata) only made 4 years. Honda Civic Hatchback Touring 2019 was $17 more? No big deal but I thought with all that safety stuff it would be cheaper? Might be the age of the car? But going from a Sports Car well? Just a thought. I just wonder if insurance companies consider all the safety features on the Honda? Currently with State Farm since 1989. Maybe I should shop around? Not a huge deal but man all those safety features. Maybe I am wrong but it appears the car will avoid front end collision. LKAS cool. And so much more.

I felt like going from a Corvette to a Civic and it is more? I am 56 BTW and clean driving record. I pay around $414 every six months. $1K deductible.
The only saftey features insurance companies discount is DRLs, side airbags, and braking systems. Rest of them have no discounts. I’m paying $116 a month right now but that’s because I have an at fault wreck. Next month that will change as it clears on the 20th.

OP
OP
kg4fxg

kg4fxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
On a different note if he had bought a Camaro or a mustang he would be paying 3 times the amount just because of how often those cars get tickets and wrecks from fukboys driving.
Exactly. I am sure I would be shocked at insurance with other choice vehicles. Good thing I did not get a type "R" :spaz:

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah, insurance is not that bad. I would have thought for a car with so much safety and that should prevent front end collisions it would be cheaper. From Toyota Corolla to Mini s Coupe a bit of a jump. Just a little jump from Mini to Honda. But then a colleague at work said insurance is high on Honda's. Probably because there are so many mods. I am amazed here at all the mods. Not sure I have seen as many opportunities to Mod other cars.
They don’t look at mods. They take data based on how many tickets people get for certain types of cars. SI’s and coupe tend to get more speeding tickets than sedans so they charge more. Also since it’s a popular car they can charge more to make more money.

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
I imagine your 2019 Civic will cost more to replace than a 5 year old Mini? Despite all those "safety features" of your new car, that also means a lot more in repair costs if you have an accident. Additional cameras, sensors etc.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
That’s incorrect. Insurance companies view all two door cars “sports cars” regardless of brand and models.
I have a feeling that's incorrect. I drive a 2 Dr Si and my insurance is nearly the same as it was for my Fit.

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have a feeling that's incorrect. I drive a 2 Dr Si and my insurance is nearly the same as it was for my Fit.
It depends on the company and data. So the data for those two cars may be similar so they charge the same. But my dad used to do insurance claims so he knows all the ins and outs. USAA quoted me $180 for 300/100 but Allstate only quoted me $116 for exact same thing.

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I recommend looking into smaller, independent insurance agencies. I fired my big named company a while back. I was tired of them increasing my rates whenever it was time to renew. I felt like I was being punished for other people's mishaps when I had no claims at all.

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I recommend looking into smaller, independent insurance agencies. I fired my big named company a while back. I was tired of them increasing my rates whenever it was time to renew. I felt like I was being punished for other people's mishaps when I had no claims at all.
That’s a scam for sure. The longer you go without an accident or ticket the lower you’re insurance should be.
Sponsored