Instrument cluster lights after crash

First Name
Serge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, Subaru Forester, Audi Q5
Country flag
Hey all, i just signed up last night, so I too bought a wrecked civic 2017 with front end damage. all fixed and have been driving it for 6 months, have been working on the air bag off and on since then, with no luck. Honda wants $1500 to replace the SRS module. I thought that was very high. anyhow i had no lights except the air bag and no warnings on start up until i sent the module to myairbag.com. now i have TPMS, Traction control, system initialing drive with caution, and anything else you can think of. but the car runs and drives just as it did for the last 6 months, so my take on all of this is that there is nothing wrong with the civic! stop wasting your money on parts. Honda has some kind of programming in there that has turned on all of there warnings once the SRS module has been erased, just like in other threads on the forum where guys are saying Honda now knows if you have programmed your ECM, so that they can make a lot of money.

I plan to call all honda dealers near me until i find one that will tell me the truth and help with this problem. if any of ya'll find one please let us know.
Hey Bigcivichatch, have you thought of buying a used airbag module from a junk yard or just buying a new one from the dealer and programming it to your vehicle? I did the same exact thing as you and have the same lights on. No more airbag light on but the other lights are on.
Sponsored

Bigcivichatch

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic hatchback, 2016 F150 Platinum, 2016 Infiniti QX80, 2013 Wrangler Jk Unlimited
Country flag
Hey Wrecked, so after many hours of googling and reading I did find out that Honda will lease the hardware which is used by Honda techs and then you would have to subscribe to their software, but they let you use it by the day for $10, the month $130, the year for like $1500. see techinfo.honda.com there is a lot of info up there. as I wrote earlier I did call my local Honda dealer and they said for $115 max to start they would hook up the civic and diagnose her, much to my surprise they fixed her at no charge! Civic is still under the factory warranty (2017 with 19,000 miles), I was very honest with them and they were awesome. The tech said that when they replace the SRS module other things like the steering angle sensor has to be calibrated. they cleared all lights, it has been perfect since Saturday. let me know if you decide to go the same route, I am curious if this works for you too. PS if you have the money and wish to be able to have the same or very similar equipment as the dealer check out https://www.aetools.us they have a J2534 tool called AE Z Flasher 3 ($1800) that they claim will work with at least 4 of the major auto markers including Honda. if you have the proper laptop and this AE Z flasher and a software subscription you are golden. anyway if anybody does this or has done it, please let us know if it works as advertised.

First Name
Serge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hey Wrecked, so after many hours of googling and reading I did find out that Honda will lease the hardware which is used by Honda techs and then you would have to subscribe to their software, but they let you use it by the day for $10, the month $130, the year for like $1500. see techinfo.honda.com there is a lot of info up there. as I wrote earlier I did call my local Honda dealer and they said for $115 max to start they would hook up the civic and diagnose her, much to my surprise they fixed her at no charge! Civic is still under the factory warranty (2017 with 19,000 miles), I was very honest with them and they were awesome. The tech said that when they replace the SRS module other things like the steering angle sensor has to be calibrated. they cleared all lights, it has been perfect since Saturday. let me know if you decide to go the same route, I am curious if this works for you too. PS if you have the money and wish to be able to have the same or very similar equipment as the dealer check out https://www.aetools.us they have a J2534 tool called AE Z Flasher 3 ($1800) that they claim will work with at least 4 of the major auto markers including Honda. if you have the proper laptop and this AE Z flasher and a software subscription you are golden. anyway if anybody does this or has done it, please let us know if it works as advertised.
So did you have the dealer install a new module for you and then program it to your vehicle? Or did they diagnose it with your old srs module in there?

Bigcivichatch

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic hatchback, 2016 F150 Platinum, 2016 Infiniti QX80, 2013 Wrangler Jk Unlimited
Country flag
We used the original srs module that was reset by myairbag.com and i told Honda that it was reset.

First Name
Serge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
We used the original srs module that was reset by myairbag.com and i told Honda that it was reset.
Okay awesome. Would you be able to upload your receipts from the dealer so that I can just show my dealer what yours did and they can just follow that?

First Name
Serge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hello everyone, if you’re having this issue I just fixed mine! I bought an airbag module off of a junk yard that had rear end damage only and no bags or seatbelts blown at all. It came in, I replaced it. I then hooked up my snap on computer, calibrated the passenger seat and then went into the abs and calibrated all sensors. Started the car and all the lights disappeared!

btu

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic
Country flag
Correct no air bag deployed but I do have an emission error,hill assist,power steering,VSA, maybe one more it goes to a body shop Monday to replace the parts, cant open the hood at the moment because not sure if it will lock again lol
Car is driveable think its is in some kind of limp mode though.

20190802_065243.jpg

20190802_061728.jpg
My 2017 civic LX (no turbo) has similar hit and airbag replaced, SRS module reset and all those lights are still on. Took it to the shop with autel fancy analyzer and they still couldn't reset it. Never buy a honda again.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Perhaps your car is trying to tell you something, try another shop and fix the fault - it might save your life.

btu

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic
Country flag
Hey all, i just signed up last night, so I too bought a wrecked civic 2017 with front end damage. all fixed and have been driving it for 6 months, have been working on the air bag off and on since then, with no luck. Honda wants $1500 to replace the SRS module. I thought that was very high. anyhow i had no lights except the air bag and no warnings on start up until i sent the module to myairbag.com. now i have TPMS, Traction control, system initialing drive with caution, and anything else you can think of. but the car runs and drives just as it did for the last 6 months, so my take on all of this is that there is nothing wrong with the civic! stop wasting your money on parts. Honda has some kind of programming in there that has turned on all of there warnings once the SRS module has been erased, just like in other threads on the forum where guys are saying Honda now knows if you have programmed your ECM, so that they can make a lot of money.

I plan to call all honda dealers near me until i find one that will tell me the truth and help with this problem. if any of ya'll find one please let us know.
Did you find out anything or solved the light issue?

Draper19hothatchEX

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
If you hit a deer and no airbags went off then I would hope you would not have like a Christmas tree in your dash. The reason I say this is because I have two different ‘17 Civic hatchbacks I purchased wrecked. One the steering wheel airbag went off and the other one none went off. Once I got the radar unit calibrated in the one where no airbags deployed everything has been fine. I’m still fighting the other one. I tried reflashing the SRS unit and it did not help. If an airbag went off I would go with a new SRS unit so there are no questions about it. If the lights are on in the dash I would first check all of the fuses, especially the fuses blocks under the hood. I read about one of the fuse blocks blowing in a crash and you’ll end up with multiple lights on. Let me know if you have any luck.
Any new info, because exactly this happened on my way home from work this morning. You can barely see any damage. When I started her up tonight the dashboard lit up.
Honda Civic 10th gen Instrument cluster lights after crash PXL_20220820_223326042

nyczrayy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver
Country flag
It may possibly be the radar. could you explain what happened if there was a story to this?

Draper19hothatchEX

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
It may possibly be the radar. could you explain what happened if there was a story to this?
If that was meant for me: hit a fricken deer in broad damn daylight on the way home from work this morning. Outwardly, minor damage driver side front bumper- broken clips, it all doesn't fit together perfectly anymore. Thought I could limp it til spring then replace with something fancy......then all the lights🤦🤷🤬

nyczrayy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver
Country flag
yipes, thats where the radar is .