Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's your car and you can do whatever you want with it. We can only tell you that using an BOV that vents to atmosphere will result in the AFM over reading the air mass and results in a overly rich condition. It is not going to cause damage to the car or any thing critical, but it is not right. And that is important with ECU tuning. Anyhow; your car, do what you want, I'm going to drop the issue.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Is there any difference between instant jailbreak vs sending the ECU to Hondata for jailbreaking?

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Is there any difference between instant jailbreak vs sending the ECU to Hondata for jailbreaking?
One of them is instant. ?‍♂

Sending it in should be reserved only for those with KTuner, or those with a bricked ECU.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Another question: Once you jailbreak it, is there any reason to lock it again? Is it even possible? For example, if you sell the car, would there be a reason to lock it? If you bring your car in for service (even if it's not for warranty work), would it be possible to lock it again? Not sure if the techs have the ability to see if the ECU has been tampered with.

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There is no reason to un-jailbreak. From what I have seen some Honda dealers look at the distance traveled since ECU reset to determined if the ECU has been reflashed before service.

ajmike09

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport (CVT)
Country flag
This might of been answered already; the hondata flashpro can only be registered or be "active" to one VIN#, but with the jailbreak, the flashpro can be "unlocked" and the car still be tuned? In other words, can I sell the flashpro after I've used it and done the jailbreak?

#BrokeBoys
#Need2Save$$$
#HelpABruthaOut

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
Only way it will stay tuned after you jailbreak it is with the flash pro , now the jailbreak will stay if you unmarry it from the car , once jailbroken you can tune with or without the flashpro

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
This might of been answered already; the hondata flashpro can only be registered or be "active" to one VIN#, but with the jailbreak, the flashpro can be "unlocked" and the car still be tuned? In other words, can I sell the flashpro after I've used it and done the jailbreak?

#BrokeBoys
#Need2Save$$$
#HelpABruthaOut
not sure of the exact question you are asking here.
the FK8 ecu has to be jailbroken before it can be flashed. Whether that would be from a flashpro, ktuner, or a bench flash.

the flashpro does not have to be locked to the ecu in order to perform the instant jail break feature. You can borrow someones flashpro to jail break the ecu.

however, the flashpro has to be locked to an ecu in order to flash a tune. You cannot unlock the flashpro from an ecu unless you flash it back to stock first so if you are thinking to flash the car using a flashpro and then unlock it (with a tune still flashed), no you can't. You'll just have people piggy backing from one another if that is the case.

ajmike09

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Only way it will stay tuned after you jailbreak it is with the flash pro , now the jailbreak will stay if you unmarry it from the car , once jailbroken you can tune with or without the flashpro
So should I get the jailbreak first then flashpro or the other way around?

ajmike09

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
you need the flashpro device to perform the jailbreak (assuming you are doing the instant jailbreak)

Gotcha, yea I just want to tune my car then sell the flashpro yet keep the tune.

AnotherFK8

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 C.W '18
Country flag
Does anybody know/have experience with using the instant jailbreak in the U.K? I intend to buy the flash pro from a U.K dealer and then ideally just jailbreak it myself (I don't have the time to send the ECU away).

I can't image there's an issue, but just to be sure...