Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sandersonandson.com
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R & BMW M135i
Country flag
Just a quick question I think:

When installing the Mugen leather replacement gear shifter/knob (or any replacement gear shifter I guess), should I screw it down as far as it will go, then line up the shifter pattern on top and then tighten the retaining nut/collar or do people screw it down to where the original OEM was sat and then tighten, etc?

Does it really matter? Personal preference?
Sponsored

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Just a quick question I think:

When installing the Mugen leather replacement gear shifter/knob (or any replacement gear shifter I guess), should I screw it down as far as it will go, then line up the shifter pattern on top and then tighten the retaining nut/collar or do people screw it down to where the original OEM was sat and then tighten, etc?

Does it really matter? Personal preference?
It’s personal preference. I normally screw down as low as it can go then align it then set the flange nut.

OP
OP
garysan

garysan

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sandersonandson.com
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R & BMW M135i
Country flag
Thanks or replies.

Refitted - actually was pretty close to all the way down anyways but nice to know for sure. Delighted with the new knob. Tactile, slightly weighted so feels better, slightly larger diameter but only just and doesn't feel freezing when I first get in the car - happy days :)
Sponsored