Installing Hatchback Touring side mirrors with turn signals and right lane camera?

l3randonf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Chevrolet 1500, 2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I just got a 2017 hatch sport and I want to add the fancy side mirrors that have the built in turn signals and the right hand lane camera that is activated when you engage the right turn signal. Has anybody done this and can you confirm all the parts that I would need to order to get it done? Should I just order from Honda Parts Network online?

I am also wanting to change out the stock sport head unit with an aftermarket one that will also enable me to use my backup camera and of course the newly installed (hopefully) right handed lane camera.

Thanks for any help!
Sponsored

Priceless_Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback ST 2007 Silverado 2500HD
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just got a 2017 hatch sport and I want to add the fancy side mirrors that have the built in turn signals and the right hand lane camera that is activated when you engage the right turn signal. Has anybody done this and can you confirm all the parts that I would need to order to get it done? Should I just order from Honda Parts Network online?

I am also wanting to change out the stock sport head unit with an aftermarket one that will also enable me to use my backup camera and of course the newly installed (hopefully) right handed lane camera.

Thanks for any help!
I'm not saying it can't be done but to install the mirror with a blindspot camera could be a real pain. It would at least require a whole new mirror assembly, a new turn signal switch with the blindspot camera button, and possibly additional wires to connect it all together. You could find all the parts on estore.honda.com but I wouldn't rule out that you'd have to get the computer programed from the dealer to identify that your car has a blindspot camera. I wish you the best of luck though!

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Don't even bother. These modifications to add factory features from a higher trim level to a lower one are cost, risk and time prohibitive compared to just buying the higher models outright. I have argued this numerous times on this forum since I joined and the economics will never change.

Knowing Hondas. If your car didn't come with a particular electrical feature like Lanewatch or mirror signals, the wiring harness 99% will lack the connections to run these compared to the harness from the Sport Touring. Like Priceless_Civic said, tear apart your steering column, you need a new combination switch for the turn signal, new OE headunit with DII and compatible steering wheel controls. Brand new HVAC controls too. That's just hardware, don't even know if it'll work.

Considering how hard hardware modifications are nowadays given the integration of everything, don't even get me started on the software. If you have Lanewatch hardware installed and get an aftermarket headunit, how could you possibly know how to get drivers or software to enable it's function? You and us as general consumers don't know how to write software for your aftermarket headunit, and the Honda software probably is incompatible to begin with.

maaaaackle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
Yeah, thats gonna put you way in over your head.

So much so that its not worth the effort and you may ruin something

OP
OP

l3randonf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Chevrolet 1500, 2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Don't even bother. These modifications to add factory features from a higher trim level to a lower one are cost, risk and time prohibitive compared to just buying the higher models outright. I have argued this numerous times on this forum since I joined and the economics will never change.

Knowing Hondas. If your car didn't come with a particular electrical feature like Lanewatch or mirror signals, the wiring harness 99% will lack the connections to run these compared to the harness from the Sport Touring. Like Priceless_Civic said, tear apart your steering column, you need a new combination switch for the turn signal, new OE headunit with DII and compatible steering wheel controls. Brand new HVAC controls too. That's just hardware, don't even know if it'll work.

Considering how hard hardware modifications are nowadays given the integration of everything, don't even get me started on the software. If you have Lanewatch hardware installed and get an aftermarket headunit, how could you possibly know how to get drivers or software to enable it's function? You and us as general consumers don't know how to write software for your aftermarket headunit, and the Honda software probably is incompatible to begin with.
ok. but according to crutchfield and the local audio shops, they are telling me that the 4200nex will work with the factory backup camera that is already on the car and i would get to keep all the steering wheel controls.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
ok. but according to crutchfield and the local audio shops, they are telling me that the 4200nex will work with the factory backup camera that is already on the car and i would get to keep all the steering wheel controls.
I wouldn't be surprised since LX/Sport Audio controls are simple and have the source button instead of enter. Once you start getting the higher end equipment with the slider and enter button I would forget about it.

elvisnaite

First Name
Elvisnaite
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX 2.0 2017 (South America Model)
Country flag

many genuines upgrades are possible, here in Brazil, i have a LX, and, I installed a China HU (Winca), and Lanewatch (no programing, it,s plug and play, HU has canbus settins and anable right cam), i was swap turn switch, and input 1 wire from lanewatch switch to gnd of cam, this do lw sw to work. for turn signal need nothing, is automatic.

I was swap lighting sensor to rain/lighting sensor, but to automatic wiper to work, is need a extra wire if not there is a intermitant dimmer wiper, (if ur car has int. dimmer wipers, the new switches will work fine) the rain sensor is 100% compatible of lighting sensor, just swap.

I was swap lx cluster to touring cluster, its plug and play, but you need programming to remove , frontal or rear and frontal anormal parking sensors warning.

I was swap HFT lx to Touring, New HFT working with Cluster through lin comunication.

the most genuines features are interchangeable, many times just need 1 or 2 extra wires and swap a switch.

makamine

First Name
makamine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GK5
Country flag
many genuines upgrades are possible, here in Brazil, i have a LX, and, I installed a China HU (Winca), and Lanewatch (no programing, it,s plug and play, HU has canbus settins and anable right cam), i was swap turn switch, and input 1 wire from lanewatch switch to gnd of cam, this do lw sw to work. for turn signal need nothing, is automatic.

I was swap lighting sensor to rain/lighting sensor, but to automatic wiper to work, is need a extra wire if not there is a intermitant dimmer wiper, (if ur car has int. dimmer wipers, the new switches will work fine) the rain sensor is 100% compatible of lighting sensor, just swap.

I was swap lx cluster to touring cluster, its plug and play, but you need programming to remove , frontal or rear and frontal anormal parking sensors warning.

I was swap HFT lx to Touring, New HFT working with Cluster through lin comunication.

the most genuines features are interchangeable, many times just need 1 or 2 extra wires and swap a switch.

Hi @elvisnaite ,

three Questions.

1. Did you need to route the cables (6) from the multimedia to the port connector/plug that connects to the mirror? Or does our EXL 2017 Brazuca already have it?

2. To use the lanewatch switch, did you need to connect 2 wires? (1 GND and the second connected to pin 8 of the HU ?

Honda Civic 10th gen Installing Hatchback Touring side mirrors with turn signals and right lane camera? 1589287122536-

Honda Civic 10th gen Installing Hatchback Touring side mirrors with turn signals and right lane camera? pinout_17689830_image

Honda Civic 10th gen Installing Hatchback Touring side mirrors with turn signals and right lane camera? thumb_24pin_honda_head_unit_aux

3. As an alternative of not changing the lanewatch switch, I'm thinking of deriving the GND from the arrow/flashing light on the right side, you got to test it that way, could you tell if it would work?

Olá Elvis,

três Perguntas.

1. Você precisou rotear os cabos (6) da multimidia para o conector/plug da porta que conecta-se ao retrovisor? Ou nosso EXL 2017 Brazuca já possui?

2. Para utilização do switch lanewatch, precisou ligar 2 fios? (1 GND e o segundo conectado ao pino 8 da HU ?

3. Como alternativa em não trocar o switch lanewatch, to pensando em derivar o GND da luz seta/pisca do lado direito , tu chegou a testar dessa forma, saberia dizer se funcionaria?

elvisnaite

First Name
Elvisnaite
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX 2.0 2017 (South America Model)
Country flag
Hi @elvisnaite ,

three Questions.

1. Did you need to route the cables (6) from the multimedia to the port connector/plug that connects to the mirror? Or does our EXL 2017 Brazuca already have it?

2. To use the lanewatch switch, did you need to connect 2 wires? (1 GND and the second connected to pin 8 of the HU ?

1589287122536-png.png

pinout_17689830_image.png

thumb_24pin_honda_head_unit_aux.jpg

3. As an alternative of not changing the lanewatch switch, I'm thinking of deriving the GND from the arrow/flashing light on the right side, you got to test it that way, could you tell if it would work?

Olá Elvis,

três Perguntas.

1. Você precisou rotear os cabos (6) da multimidia para o conector/plug da porta que conecta-se ao retrovisor? Ou nosso EXL 2017 Brazuca já possui?

2. Para utilização do switch lanewatch, precisou ligar 2 fios? (1 GND e o segundo conectado ao pino 8 da HU ?

3. Como alternativa em não trocar o switch lanewatch, to pensando em derivar o GND da luz seta/pisca do lado direito , tu chegou a testar dessa forma, saberia dizer se funcionaria?
1 - You will need 3 or 4 extra wires, to cam signal and power. But is easy.

2 - if your HU is Genuine Honda, the process is different, it is necessary aiming the cam, and to enable hides menus, in this forum have a vietnanamit man make a video this process to access hide menu.

3 - But it not necessary swap turn switch, because lanewatch is activate by canbus.

Agora em português também

1 - se sua multimídia é original Honda, você precisará do chicote, pois são muitos fios , 6 ou 8 se não me falha a memória, pois são os fios de sinal, de força, e de dados. Pois além do vídeo a câmera troca informações com a central. Pra que não sei. E não tem nenhum fio de espera no chicote.

2- para utilização não precisa trocar o comando de seta, parado touring, pois uma vez calibrado no multimídia ao dar a setajá aparerecera a imagem,a troca do comando seria pra acionar sem ter que dar seta.

3 - Questão 2 e 3 respondidas , na 2.
Mas em conclusão , precisará apenas do chicote e habilitar nas configurações da sua multimídia. O comando de seta pode usar o seu mesmo, não há necessidade de troca nem de puxar qualquer fio.

makamine

First Name
makamine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GK5
Country flag
1 - You will need 3 or 4 extra wires, to cam signal and power. But is easy.

2 - if your HU is Genuine Honda, the process is different, it is necessary aiming the cam, and to enable hides menus, in this forum have a vietnanamit man make a video this process to access hide menu.

3 - But it not necessary swap turn switch, because lanewatch is activate by canbus.

Agora em português também

1 - se sua multimídia é original Honda, você precisará do chicote, pois são muitos fios , 6 ou 8 se não me falha a memória, pois são os fios de sinal, de força, e de dados. Pois além do vídeo a câmera troca informações com a central. Pra que não sei. E não tem nenhum fio de espera no chicote.

2- para utilização não precisa trocar o comando de seta, parado touring, pois uma vez calibrado no multimídia ao dar a setajá aparerecera a imagem,a troca do comando seria pra acionar sem ter que dar seta.

3 - Questão 2 e 3 respondidas , na 2.
Mas em conclusão , precisará apenas do chicote e habilitar nas configurações da sua multimídia. O comando de seta pode usar o seu mesmo, não há necessidade de troca nem de puxar qualquer fio.
Thanks Elvis, for the quick response; )

I should continue with this project until the end of the year.

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
I wondered about this myself once but figured it would be cost prohibitive. I do have an aftermarket radio that has the video input for lanewatch but the column changing put me off the idea

LegoEggrollz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic Hatchback LX/Sensing
Country flag
i want these features myself, idk if the sport/lx models are equipped with all the necessary plugs/wires etc but i was able to get the OEM fog light kit, my car was pre wired for everything, all it took was switching out the the leftside controls to the one with the buillt in fog light switch. just snap a few plugs in and bam had it working flawlessly. so your car could be pre equipped for it but probably not too...sorry just kinda wanted to throw my 2 cents in haha😅

orlandocivicX

First Name
orlando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civicX
Country flag
Hi @elvisnaite ,

three Questions.

1589287122536-png.png

Olá Elvis,

três Perguntas.

Hi @elvisnaite ,

three Questions.

1589287122536-png.png

Olá Elvis,

três Perguntas.

hello elvisnaite I think you know the car quite a bit, I would like to ask you if you have changed the blue cluster to the red one that the civic sport has? or what changes need to be made? THANK YOU !!!! for your contribution

orlandocivicX

First Name
orlando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civicX
Country flag
hello elvisnaite I think you know the car quite a bit, I would like to ask you if you have changed the blue cluster to the red one that the civic sport has? or what changes need to be made? THANK YOU !!!! for your contribution
I leave you a photo of the two cluster

Honda Civic 10th gen Installing Hatchback Touring side mirrors with turn signals and right lane camera? s-l400-1 (1)

Honda Civic 10th gen Installing Hatchback Touring side mirrors with turn signals and right lane camera? s-l400-9 (1)