Installing full MAPerformance turbo-back exhaust.

FC3_ferb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si Coupe
Country flag
Jumping in on the install on my day off tomorrow. Does anyone have any tips, suggestions, precautions?
-I've seen on the forums that the MAP downpipe's 02 bung placement can give some issues
-I was planning on heat wrapping the dp/fp but now i don't think I have time and am going to install everything exposed. Thoughts?

Thanks Everyone!
Sponsored

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
Jumping in on the install on my day off tomorrow. Does anyone have any tips, suggestions, precautions?
-I've seen on the forums that the MAP downpipe's 02 bung placement can give some issues
-I was planning on heat wrapping the dp/fp but now i don't think I have time and am going to install everything exposed. Thoughts?

Thanks Everyone!
Be very very careful with the studs that bolt the turbo to the DP. They tend to snap. I know theyre new bolts, but hit em with some pb blast and just star unbolting in a crisscross patter slowly

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Be very very careful with the studs that bolt the turbo to the DP. They tend to snap. I know theyre new bolts, but hit em with some pb blast and just star unbolting in a crisscross patter slowly
Soak them with PB overnight. Be mindful of the orientation of the bracket at that connects the DP to the chassis. Take pics before you dissemble. When you are putting it back, the location of the bracket is not necessarily intuitive. Here’s a good thread (https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...itment-rattle-installation-error.17149/page-3)

For a general overview, this thread is fantastic:https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/diy-prl-motorsports-downpipe-front-pipe-install.10825/

I have the PRL. I don’t know about any oddities with the MAP (eg O2 bung) but should be broadly similar. GL
Sponsored