Installing Fog Lights Without Removing Bumper?

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Hi All. I was wondering: is it possible to install the yellow JDM Honda Access fog lights on my SI without removing the front bumper? I was watching an install video for the PRL CAI, and I noticed that they remove a trim piece right under the front fender in order to install the cone filter. It looks like this is the same area that I would need to access in order to get to the fogs.

Has anyone tried this?
Sponsored

midnightcivic

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 SGP EX
Country flag
I installed them on my hatchback by removing the faux covers, they need to be gently pried . They're only held by clips and only one push pin.

You can see the push pin on the bottom

Last edited:
OP
OP
davemarco

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I installed them on my hatchback by removing the faux covers, they need to be gently pried . They're only held by clips and only one push pin.

You can see the push pin on the bottom
Awesome to hear! Pretty sure that we have the same faux covers. It was tough to see the location of the clips and push pin in the pic - would you be able to give a general feel for where on the cover they're located? What method did you use to pry the clips and/or depress the pin?

midnightcivic

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 SGP EX
Country flag
Awesome to hear! Pretty sure that we have the same faux covers. It was tough to see the location of the clips and push pin in the pic - would you be able to give a general feel for where on the cover they're located? What method did you use to pry the clips and/or depress the pin?

The push pin is in the top right of the pic, round black. I should of said that the rest is clipped not using actual clips. You will also want to start from the sides to the top, since the push pin is in the bottom

OP
OP
davemarco

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The push pin is in the top right of the pic, round black. I should of said that the rest is clipped not using actual clips. You will also want to start from the sides to the top, since the push pin is in the bottom
Apologies - is the push pin in the top right of the faux vent, or the bottom? What tool did you use to pry?

OP
OP
davemarco

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Long flat head screwdriver, it's on the bottom right.
Thanks. So you just pried on the top/sides of the panel surrounding the push pin, and then pulled the panel and pin out through the pinhole at the end?