Memogiyi

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Got the new slave cylinder in and that is fine she fired up and the clutch she is great. The lightweight flywheel adds a substantial amount of low end torque and shifts like butter.

Seems though I jacked my steering rack despite my best efforts to repair the connector got a U0131 and I have no power steering so yea. I may be in for a new steering rack hopefully can find a a used one on the cheap. This clutch swap was a right pain in the ass. Once I have everything dialed in again I think it will be worth it from the little bit of driving I did with he new kit on there but not for the faint hearted.
damn bro that sucks about messing up your ps rack. Found this on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-HONDA...RONIC-STEERING-RACK-PINION-9306-/274048020072

Thanks for the little update on the clutch feel. Gl! I’m sure you’ll get everything running optimally soon!
Sponsored

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback 1.5T LX 6MT
Country flag
Looking forward to your full review of the ACT clutch. I may be looking at a clutch upgrade for the wife's Civic Hatchback 1.5T (non-Sport) after experiencing a one-time slippage event after tuning with KTuner (TSP-1 tune).

Hate to read of the problems you experienced with your install. These things happen, and I'm quite sure that posting your experience here will save others from making the same mistakes. So, thanks for posting.

OP
OP
RehabJP

RehabJP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stoneautotech.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Looking forward to your full review of the ACT clutch. I may be looking at a clutch upgrade for the wife's Civic Hatchback 1.5T (non-Sport) after experiencing a one-time slippage event after tuning with KTuner (TSP-1 tune).

Hate to read of the problems you experienced with your install. These things happen, and I'm quite sure that posting your experience here will save others from making the same mistakes. So, thanks for posting.
Yes. DISCONNECT the STEERING RACK BEFORE YOU DROP THE SUBFRAME!!!! Its at my buddies shop now getting a new remanufactured one put on now and then Ill be taking it on a long drive tomorrow to test out the clutch and flywheel.

OP
OP
RehabJP

RehabJP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stoneautotech.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
damn bro that sucks about messing up your ps rack. Found this on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-HONDA...RONIC-STEERING-RACK-PINION-9306-/274048020072

Thanks for the little update on the clutch feel. Gl! I’m sure you’ll get everything running optimally soon!
Luck the fitment for 18, 19 and 20 are the same for the steering rack to I was able to find a remanufactured one form a local axel shop for $450 bucks otherwise I would have been looking and god knows how much for a new from dealer part. For sure over a thousand.

Memogiyi

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Nice man! Looking forward to your review. My clutch just started slipping this week. I’ll need one soon.

OP
OP
RehabJP

RehabJP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stoneautotech.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
UPDATE: Got the new EPS rack installed and working but the dash is still all lit up and since the car is so new my dealer level scan tools does not have to software to calibrate or reset the loss of coms with the EPS so no ACC, LKAS or collision avoidance so I am gonna bite the bullet and take it to the dealership hoping they can just flash the ECU for me and not charge me a million bucks as it has less than 5000 miles on her.

So far as the clutch it is smoking. Very noticeable gains in low end torque and overall acceleration. It gains RPMs a lot faster with the light weight flywheel and the sport clutch disk holds firm and stable at high boost (tested up to 25 psi) and all the way to redline. I would recommend the ACT clutch and Flywheel kit with the caveat that you take care when installing or hire a pro that has worked on 10th gen civics before. The Honda Sense and EPS are nice features but make the procedure much more delicate.

OP
OP
RehabJP

RehabJP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stoneautotech.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I do not know if it is to keep tabs on if you mod your car or not but it is very annoying that Honda Link now communicates with Honda via satellite and I do not think you can turn it off so anything you do to your car is automatically transmitted to Honda any warning, any change to the software any anomaly, how fast your going. They can probably pull up live telemetry on you any time they want.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
so you guys saying this cant be tackled in 1 day?

OP
OP
RehabJP

RehabJP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stoneautotech.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
so you guys saying this cant be tackled in 1 day?
It depends on what your working with and if you have help two guys that are pros or at least advanced amatures maybe one full day but if your looking to do it solo with jack stands and a floor jack I would say 2-3 days minimum.

OP
OP
RehabJP

RehabJP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stoneautotech.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
It depends on what your working with and if you have help two guys that are pros or at least advanced amatures maybe one full day but if your looking to do it solo with jack stands and a floor jack I would say 2-3 days minimum.
There is a lot of disassembly before you can even drop the subframe and drop the tranny. All the suspension has to come off in the front, a bunch of little brackets and pig tales and random bolts. Its a lot of work way more than they make it seem in the ACT install video.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ive repeated the steps in my head lol
the only issue I dont understand is the steering rack lol
how to disconnect it? ACT doesnt even show it

OP
OP
RehabJP

RehabJP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stoneautotech.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Ive repeated the steps in my head lol
the only issue I dont understand is the steering rack lol
how to disconnect it? ACT doesnt even show it
That is pretty easy. Make sure the steering wheel is locked. There is a trap door under the carpet beneath the accelerator and brake pedal. Its on 12mm bolt and then you can unspline the steering shaft from the rack and pinion you just pull up on the the steering shaft wiggle it a bit and it will pop off just do not lose that blue plastic cap you will have to put that back on in the postion it came off

Memogiyi

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
That is pretty easy. Make sure the steering wheel is locked. There is a trap door under the carpet beneath the accelerator and brake pedal. Its on 12mm bolt and then you can unspline the steering shaft from the rack and pinion you just pull up on the the steering shaft wiggle it a bit and it will pop off just do not lose that blue plastic cap you will have to put that back on in the postion it came off
Did you remove the cdv or have to adjust the clutch pedal?

OP
OP
RehabJP

RehabJP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stoneautotech.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
OP
OP
RehabJP

RehabJP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stoneautotech.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
No the Flywheel and Clutch was plug and play for me anyway
You could remove the CDV if you want easy enough since you are taking off the Slave Cylinder anyway just don't push the piston through the boot like I did putting it back in.
Sponsored