DrivingwithDiggy

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
I recently got myself the 2020 Type R, and Some of the areas I frequent (work, etc.) Arent exactly the best; so I want to install a diagnostic/tracker. I fear if I use the regular OBDII port, that any potential carjacker could just reach under the dash and toss it out the window before leaving. I’d like to install a second OBDII port somewhere else in the car and use that for my tool. Does anyone have any advice on how to go about this? I’m fairly experienced in electronics, but I’ve never messed with any ECU wiring.
Any and all words help!
Sponsored

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I recently got myself the 2020 Type R, and Some of the areas I frequent (work, etc.) Arent exactly the best; so I want to install a diagnostic/tracker. I fear if I use the regular OBDII port, that any potential carjacker could just reach under the dash and toss it out the window before leaving. I’d like to install a second OBDII port somewhere else in the car and use that for my tool. Does anyone have any advice on how to go about this? I’m fairly experienced in electronics, but I’ve never messed with any ECU wiring.
Any and all words help!
First of all there was some question about whether you can hook up 2 OBDII devices at the same time actually works. There is YouTube video that shows that OBDII Y-cables work.

Second, I assume you don't want to simply use a Y-cable since it is obvious. But maybe you can somehow move the original connector further under the dash and then use one of the Y-cable connectors to replace the original.