tk_chatt

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Touring
Country flag
Unfortunately, I do not have a Honda Civic factory wiring diagram my car so I cannot verify that and will have to take your word. Ok, on the wiring diagram (the green wire from that harness you tapped into) what exactly does that lead to or control? That's if you remember. Also, wouldn't it be wise to fuse (5A or 10A) that wire you tapped into the green wire on the harness?
Just to chime in, on my ā€˜16 Touring schematics, itā€™s powered by a 10 amp fuse (B7), then through the reverse relay contacts.
Sponsored

Hlee

First Name
Harry Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si
Country flag
Just to chime in, on my ā€˜16 Touring schematics, itā€™s powered by a 10 amp fuse (B7), then through the reverse relay contacts.
Where is the 10 amp fuse (B7) located at, engine compartment or interior of car? I assume the reverse relay is in the engine compartment. Is your car have a manual or automatic transmission? I have manual transmission on my si and not sure if there is a reverse relay for that car.

tk_chatt

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Touring
Country flag
Where is the 10 amp fuse (B7) located at, engine compartment or interior of car? I assume the reverse relay is in the engine compartment. Is your car have a manual or automatic transmission? I have manual transmission on my si and not sure if there is a reverse relay for that car.

Attachments

tk_chatt

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Touring
Country flag
I don't have the diagram for the manual transmission, but I'll hazard a guess and say that there is likely a Reverse light relay in all of them.

Hlee

First Name
Harry Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si
Country flag
I don't have the diagram for the manual transmission, but I'll hazard a guess and say that there is likely a Reverse light relay in all of them.
Thanks for the back-up light diagram. Looking at the reverse light circuit in the diagram there is a light green wire located at location B11 leading to the back-up lights, is that the same wire under the dash where you have tapped in the reverse wire from the Gentex mirror to shut off the auto dim as indicated from your previous thread?

tk_chatt

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Touring
Country flag
Thanks for the back-up light diagram. Looking at the reverse light circuit in the diagram there is a light green wire located at location B11 leading to the back-up lights, is that the same wire under the dash where you have tapped in the reverse wire from the Gentex mirror to shut off the auto dim as indicated from your previous thread?
Yes

Hlee

First Name
Harry Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si
Country flag
Thanks a lot. You have been very helpful. Do you know where I can get a back-up light circuit diagram for my 2018 si which has a 6 spd manual transmission. Just wanted to make sure the wiring circuits are the same. Can't seem to find one in the web. And I don't have access to a OEM Civic si Shop Manual.

tk_chatt

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Touring
Country flag
Mine came from techinfo.honda.com. Theyā€™re a bit expensive.. $25 for a single dayā€™s subscription!!
I printed the individual pages to pdf files & saved them on my computer.

Hlee

First Name
Harry Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si
Country flag
Mine came from techinfo.honda.com. Theyā€™re a bit expensive.. $25 for a single dayā€™s subscription!!
I printed the individual pages to pdf files & saved them on my computer.
Great information to know. Once again thanks for providing the information. You have been very resourceful.

jayman84

First Name
Jamey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PWP Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I don't have any tint.

It turns out the mirrors (both) were defective.

I got a new mirror (a used 313) and decided to just tap into the map lights and run a switched 12+ to the fusebox (I was using the Honda OEM harness before). Now the mirror works perfectly. Thanks for your help.
I have a mirror from my 9th gen that I wired up the same way. I think i'm going to dismantle it and redo the arms like the first page shows to work with my 2020 with the honda sensing. Can you tell me what fuse you ran your add a fuse to underneath?

Musclebadger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
So what I am reading, the Honda harness will have the reverse wire right? I only ask since someone had to tap into the reverse wire. I bought a different mirror that has the sensor to the top of the mirror which should help with the hatchback spoiler light issue. It is only a compass/autodim mirror. I just want to make sure I won't have to tap into or run an extra wire for the reverse for the mirror.

Peszt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X
Country flag
Can someone draw a wire diagram for complete harness for this dimming mirrow? Maybe someone has 08v03-tba-100 harness and could redraw or take pictures of the connectors so that it would be possible to recreate this harness?

cobravap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 CRV
Country flag
Hey guys, Iā€™m having trouble with the wiring. I confirmed the black is ground, purple is ignition and light green/blue is reverse and the unit turns on. But some reason the homelink function wonā€™t work. Does it need to be constant 12v? All the cables in the homelink harness didnā€™t have a constant 12V connection. Did I miss anything? I guess I need to recheck it.
Honda Civic 10th gen Installing a Gentex auto-dimming mirror with HomeLink into a '16 Civic image
Sponsored

Last edited: