Installed VLAND LED Headlights and DRLs won’t turn off.

Brian17Si

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Please help. Installed VLAND LED Headlights and the DLRs won’t turn off even if car is off unless car is locked. If anyone has experience this please let me know otherwise I’ll contact VLAND. They are perfect and beautiful otherwise.

Honda Civic 10th gen Installed VLAND LED Headlights and DRLs won’t turn off. B6D29B18-A47A-4B29-837E-5E2DBF9700CF
Sponsored

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
With the car OFF, please remove the thin Accessories cable that attaches the driver's side headlight to the positive terminal on the battery.

Remove, and leave it in the box. You will have full operational headlights without needing to use that wire :)

OP
OP
Brian17Si

Brian17Si

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
With the car OFF, please remove the thin Accessories cable that attaches the driver's side headlight to the positive terminal on the battery.

Remove, and leave it in the box. You will have full operational headlights without needing to use that wire :)
Thank you so much this resolved the issue and much stress in my life. Simply removing this wire made the headlights work as expected. I will post video later when I have time. But wanted to give special thanks to Unity for all things they do and continue to do. Including supporting me here with VLANDS faster than anyone else and also having video tutorial. :):bow:

TheSeventhZ

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Thank you so much this resolved the issue and much stress in my life. Simply removing this wire made the headlights work as expected. I will post video later when I have time. But wanted to give special thanks to Unity for all things they do and continue to do. Including supporting me here with VLANDS faster than anyone else and also having video tutorial. :):bow:
I'm sorry, but can you guys help me figure out which one is the accessories cable is? I had a repair shop install the headlights and i'm having trouble deciphering their wiring...

cheesesteak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Which wire is this? What is the purpose of it if it's meant to be left unplugged? ?

Also, how is the output?

OP
OP
Brian17Si

Brian17Si

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Which wire is this? What is the purpose of it if it's meant to be left unplugged? ?

Also, how is the output?
I’m away from my car for a few days but will take some pics to show wire. It’s the long black threaded style wire with metal circle tip. It’s not needed and can be zip tied down. It use to connect to the battery but not needed on new VLAND models. The new models light up blue on engine start.

The output is amazing and no adjustment needed. I rate the headlights all around 5 star. The products quality is equal to OEM and works perfect with headlight settings.

With mine no instructions were provided but the Unity Performance video instructions are perfect just skip the black cable.

OP
OP
Brian17Si

Brian17Si

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm sorry, but can you guys help me figure out which one is the accessories cable is? I had a repair shop install the headlights and i'm having trouble deciphering their wiring...
If not mistaken the accessories cable is the long black threaded style cable with a metal circle tip. Sorry for delay and sure you have already resolved.

cheesesteak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I’m away from my car for a few days but will take some pics to show wire. It’s the long black threaded style wire with metal circle tip. It’s not needed and can be zip tied down. It use to connect to the battery but not needed on new VLAND models. The new models light up blue on engine start.

The output is amazing and no adjustment needed. I rate the headlights all around 5 star. The products quality is equal to OEM and works perfect with headlight settings.

With mine no instructions were provided but the Unity Performance video instructions are perfect just skip the black cable.
Thanks for the quick reply! I really love the look of the LED housing, but read some mixed reviews about the output.

Also looking for the simplest plug-n-play install without having to splice wires, tap into the battery, etc. Just want to remove the bumper and do the swap with the connectors.

Did you get these directly from VLAND? Are these the same as the ones from Unity Performance?

_1slowsi_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Si
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Installed VLAND LED Headlights and DRLs won’t turn off. 0E5D05E7-D299-4A81-AC63-A68F92815C9F

I recently installed these a couple of months ago. They look gorgeous no doubt. My halogen headlights I had HIDs they were extremely bright I could definitely see at night with my front windshield tint. Now these vland headlights are more for looks lol at night I can’t really see shit ? . I adjusted them they ain’t prefect but the output is not great. I will blame some of it on the windshield tint. Would OEM have been better ? I don’t know . If I take off the windshield tint would the outcome be better ? Not sure ? but I sure do love how it makes the car look ☺

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Thanks for the quick reply! I really love the look of the LED housing, but read some mixed reviews about the output.

Also looking for the simplest plug-n-play install without having to splice wires, tap into the battery, etc. Just want to remove the bumper and do the swap with the connectors.

Did you get these directly from VLAND? Are these the same as the ones from Unity Performance?
The ones we offer are Plug-n-Play as you are requesting, and the thin ACC cable can be left disconnected for US models. Canadian and some international markets have the requirement for DRL's, so the cable is primarily for them.

cheesesteak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
The ones we offer are Plug-n-Play as you are requesting, and the thin ACC cable can be left disconnected for US models. Canadian and some international markets have the requirement for DRL's, so the cable is primarily for them.
Thanks for clarifying! Are there any promo codes for forum members? Please DM!

OP
OP
Brian17Si

Brian17Si

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
0E5D05E7-D299-4A81-AC63-A68F92815C9F.jpeg

I recently installed these a couple of months ago. They look gorgeous no doubt. My halogen headlights I had HIDs they were extremely bright I could definitely see at night with my front windshield tint. Now these vland headlights are more for looks lol at night I can’t really see shit ? . I adjusted them they ain’t prefect but the output is not great. I will blame some of it on the windshield tint. Would OEM have been better ? I don’t know . If I take off the windshield tint would the outcome be better ? Not sure ? but I sure do love how it makes the car look ☺
If you have window tint on the headlights that will definitely reduce the output. I had added Vivid Vinyl headlight tint on another OEM and couldn’t see shit either. I do agree the the tint gives a nice look…. correction you’re talking windshield tint.

Last edited: