Installed under seat subwoofer in an Si Sedan!

geoldr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW Golf R, 2018 Si Sedan, 91 Miata
Country flag
Recently had a local shop install one of these for me in my 18 Si Sedan: https://alpine-usa.com/product/view/pwe-s8

Placed it under the passenger seat.

It really helped fix the lack of bass in this car. I was originally planning on replacing all of the speakers, but after adding this as an additional sub I think I'm all set!

They used the signal from the stock subwoofer, and left the OEM one in place, so this Alpine unit is just an additional.

They also installed the subwoofer controller into an empty plastic panel on the left of the steering wheel.

Overall, the wiring is completely hidden, and the controller switch looks OEM!

If you are looking on upgrading the bass in your car, I highly recommend one of these all in ones. I have an Si with the Katzkin leather, and the speaker fit perfectly. The only thing that kinda sucks is, if I place the subwoofer on top of my rubber floor mat, it rattles crazy, so i have to bend the floor mat - but that's really a first world problem haha!

Honda Civic 10th gen Installed under seat subwoofer in an Si Sedan! photo_2018-11-06_13-28-11

Honda Civic 10th gen Installed under seat subwoofer in an Si Sedan! photo_2018-11-06_13-28-12 (2)

Honda Civic 10th gen Installed under seat subwoofer in an Si Sedan! photo_2018-11-06_13-28-12

Honda Civic 10th gen Installed under seat subwoofer in an Si Sedan! photo_2018-11-06_13-28-13

Honda Civic 10th gen Installed under seat subwoofer in an Si Sedan! photo_2018-11-06_13-28-14

Honda Civic 10th gen Installed under seat subwoofer in an Si Sedan! photo_2018-11-06_13-28-15

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Obviously from the driver listening position it seems like a nice experience, but what about the passenger? Does it act as a buttkicker for them?

How does it sound in the rear of the vehicle?

OP
OP

geoldr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Obviously from the driver listening position it seems like a nice experience, but what about the passenger? Does it act as a buttkicker for them?

How does it sound in the rear of the vehicle?
I usually commute in this car, so passenger experience wasn't a high priority for me.
In the front passenger seat, you can hear the bass as clearly as you can in the drivers seat, and you can physically feel it too.

The rear passenger however, it's not as good. In general, the sound in the back of the car is pretty crappy.

The goal for me was to get more bass in the car, without sacrificing trunk space - even if the box is removable.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Nice and clean! Are you thinking of doing the speakers next? Or are you happy now?

I love the leather, looks great! Didn’t like the cloth seats in the Si?

OP
OP

geoldr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Nice and clean! Are you thinking of doing the speakers next? Or are you happy now?

I love the leather, looks great! Didn’t like the cloth seats in the Si?
I'm very solved with the system the way it sounds now! But who knows what the future will bring haha...

Yea, the leather was one of the first things I did to the car. The cloth was not bad, but I really prefer leather. I have another post in the cosmetics section if you want to see more pics! https://www.civicx.com/threads/katzkin-installed-in-2018-si-sedan.29680/

IaAsk

First Name
Bengt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport plus hb
Country flag
Just finish with my cv vpas10. It awesome! Mounted it in trunk, super sound..all signal taken from the oem amp. (Not 12v and earth ofcourse)Work great. 10 speaker system without oem sub..didnt want to mount it underseat. Becouse of footroom and vibration in seat. And the fan exit..2 bear and 4 hours work

Honda Civic 10th gen Installed under seat subwoofer in an Si Sedan! 20181228_220124

Jeezer

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 civic hatch ex, '90 civic ef hatch b16a1, '95 a32 maxima vq35de
Country flag
Just finish with my cv vpas10. It awesome! Mounted it in trunk, super sound..all signal taken from the oem amp. (Not 12v and earth ofcourse)Work great. 10 speaker system without oem sub..didnt want to mount it underseat. Becouse of footroom and vibration in seat. And the fan exit..2 bear and 4 hours work
Is that a pic of it fully installed? DId you run the wires inside of the seat?? :eek:

Redragor

First Name
Dmitriy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R Sport Line
Country flag
Recently had a local shop install one of these for me in my 18 Si Sedan: https://alpine-usa.com/product/view/pwe-s8

Placed it under the passenger seat.

It really helped fix the lack of bass in this car. I was originally planning on replacing all of the speakers, but after adding this as an additional sub I think I'm all set!

They used the signal from the stock subwoofer, and left the OEM one in place, so this Alpine unit is just an additional.

They also installed the subwoofer controller into an empty plastic panel on the left of the steering wheel.

Overall, the wiring is completely hidden, and the controller switch looks OEM!

If you are looking on upgrading the bass in your car, I highly recommend one of these all in ones. I have an Si with the Katzkin leather, and the speaker fit perfectly. The only thing that kinda sucks is, if I place the subwoofer on top of my rubber floor mat, it rattles crazy, so i have to bend the floor mat - but that's really a first world problem haha!

photo_2018-11-06_13-28-11.jpg

photo_2018-11-06_13-28-12 (2).jpg

photo_2018-11-06_13-28-12.jpg

photo_2018-11-06_13-28-13.jpg

photo_2018-11-06_13-28-14.jpg

photo_2018-11-06_13-28-15.jpg
Where did you connect ground wire?