Installed Teinz Flex Z coilovers.

Hatchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ram 1500, 17 Civic Hatch EX-L
Country flag
Keep us posted on the adapters. Maybe that should be a separate thread. Lots of hatchback owners will want them in the coming years, once aftermarket struts become readily available.

MrHeeltoe

CEO of Heeltoe
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.heeltoeauto.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan EX-T 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The front of the FLEX Z currently on offer (as of the date of this post) is designed to fit all 2-4 dr Civic, except the Si. The 5dr and the Si both have different size knuckles in the front precluding mounting on those cars without some form of an adapter or knuckle-change. I've spoken with Tein's management and it seems they are fast at work on an Si solution, but still we are unsure of the adaptation to the 5dr right now. We have told them there seems to be a rather significant demand for the 5dr so they should ramp things up sooner than later!

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's right you tell them! I mean other brands already have a coilover option for the hatch. Why Tein is lagging behind when it's basically the most popular body at the moment, is beyond me.

MrHeeltoe

CEO of Heeltoe
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.heeltoeauto.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan EX-T 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's right you tell them! I mean other brands already have a coilover option for the hatch. Why Tein is lagging behind when it's basically the most popular body at the moment, is beyond me.
It's because Tein takes more time to develop product for the US market, the design kits more for specific application than cheaper brands which have a drawer full of damper tubes and just machine brackets to make them fit various applications.

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Acura RL, 16 Acura MDX, 17 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
It's because Tein takes more time to develop product for the US market, the design kits more for specific application than cheaper brands which have a drawer full of damper tubes and just machine brackets to make them fit various applications.
How do Tein coilovers compare to HKS?

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
Really curious about ride comfort and height variability on these. I want to keep some gap and minimize any change to the camber, like an inch, inch point five drop.

Familiar with TEIN being of pretty good quality, and I know you can paint your springs, but these come in green, so that is a selling point for me vs others in the price range that have very close specs. Just don't want a pair like my first set of Skunks on my old Civic that were bouncy as shit, or so stiff it would hurt to drive long distances. These appear to have that happy medium.

@OP, I'm assuming you set your rear to the maximum drop? (slammed)

eha1988

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WOP Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Whelp...it looks like they will fit in a HB the same as they fit in an Si...perfectly EXCEPT the front damper mounting diameter is larger than the EX/LX Coupe/Sedan. We're looking at making a collar or shim to adapt it now.
So did you guys figure it out lol?

Dying2Live

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LX Sedan Manual
Country flag
Can you please take a picture of how the car stands now witht the flex installed? Have it narrowed down to these and the bc’s. From previous experience Tein always seems to be the most conservative on terms of ride height adjustability

Last edited:

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
been a couple months. Any word on the hatch version of these?
Sponsored