Installed my bumper plugs, great results

BrianDevin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 EX HatchWagon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My plate bracket was drilled in with the two bolts on top, and then one dead center at the bottom. Was yours just the two?
Sponsored

OP
OP
ActiveArch

ActiveArch

First Name
Nubar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My plate bracket was drilled in with the two bolts on top, and then one dead center at the bottom. Was yours just the two?
Yes, just the two for me.

babinjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
My 2018 came with no holes either for front plate. It was en route to dealership when I purchased. I forgot to tell them that I didn’t want the front plate installed. I frantically called them the day it was delivered to dealership to prevent them from putting the stupid dealer name plate on front. Luckily I got to them before it was done. I hate when dealers do that since front license plates are not required in Louisiana.

OP
OP
ActiveArch

ActiveArch

First Name
Nubar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I checked this evening just for this. Thank you very much. Looks great in the daylight too. I guess I'll be ordering a pair!
No problem, glad I could help. Yeah I’m pleasantly surprised, I wasn’t expecting for them to look as clean as they do. When I pulled it out of the packaging for the first time and held it next to my car paint it looked sort of off but after install I can’t tell the difference. You should be happy with them. Also the bumper is like butter as far as drilling into, it really is an easy install. Enjoy them if u do pick em up.

bri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2010 G37S
Country flag
Thought about doing this, but drilling the holes bigger probably means the front plate holder will never go back on.

OP
OP
ActiveArch

ActiveArch

First Name
Nubar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thought about doing this, but drilling the holes bigger probably means the front plate holder will never go back on.
Yep, not planning on it. Worst case scenario if I have to mount a plate I’ll either get an offset plate or buy some 1/4” bots and nuts and attach it from the inside. Was thinking of super-gluing two nuts on the inside of the bumper aligned with the holes, then I can just use the bolts and screw them in if needed. Either way there’s going to be options to mount back, just might require some extra tinkering.

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
My previous Civic came with a front dealer plate, so filled in the holes myself and painted it with touch up paint. Just a quicky job with no sanding, but it was still less noticeable than plugs. But, if you feel like doing that work...

my dealer is obsessed with branding their name lol. they even put them on used cars people trade in just to put their logo plate on. they even put the dealer logo in between the windows and tint
Which one?

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21399
Country flag
My previous Civic came with a front dealer plate, so filled in the holes myself and painted it with touch up paint. Just a quicky job with no sanding, but it was still less noticeable than plugs. But, if you feel like doing that work...

Which one?
East Coast Honda

madchiller

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i bought my Si the same day it came off the truck and told them not to drill the license plate holes otherwise i wouldn't buy it. there are 2 small indentions in the bumper to help the tech drill them in the right place but thats it.

HarlowQuinn

First Name
Harlow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Finally got around to installing my bumper plugs with paint match today from bumperplugs.com. Had to drill into the existing holes using a 1/4” bit, just followed their directions. Results turned out fantastic, Im really happy with it. You can see in the close up they are hardly visible in bright light, color match is spot on. If you want some plugs that look pretty flawless I would recommend these, install was a little nerve-racking but strait forward and very simple.

82C8614C-F7EE-4E1F-A3DA-78A89B7B13EB.jpeg

C32DE17F-C11A-4B1D-BB91-D6111E462741.jpeg

[UPDATE]
Some pics of how the plugs look in daylight.

IMG_0030.jpeg

IMG_0031.jpeg

IMG_0032.jpeg

IMG_0033.jpeg

IMG_0034.jpeg
Looks awesome! Too bad that I live in a state where they can be a bit of a pain in the ass about things like that. I remember on my RX8 I had dealer not drill the bumper, most of the time just to be on the safe side I kept my license plate in the front windshield with the mounting hardware in a bag in the backseat so when I got pulled over I would just say I was intending to have it installed soon. Problem was that I got pulled over so many times for not having a front plate that I just broke down and stuck it on. It just wasn't worth the hassle even though it looks so much better.

OP
OP
ActiveArch

ActiveArch

First Name
Nubar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks awesome! Too bad that I live in a state where they can be a bit of a pain in the ass about things like that. I remember on my RX8 I had dealer not drill the bumper, most of the time just to be on the safe side I kept my license plate in the front windshield with the mounting hardware in a bag in the backseat so when I got pulled over I would just say I was intending to have it installed soon. Problem was that I got pulled over so many times for not having a front plate that I just broke down and stuck it on. It just wasn't worth the hassle even though it looks so much better.
Yeah I totally get that, its only fun until it becomes a burden. Luckily for me in LA the cops are usually pretty busy and there’s so many cars without front plates they usually let it slide, hopefully I’ll slide through, however I do still always have it in the back of my mind, always trying to avoid being behind a cop or up front at an intersection lol. It can definitely become a hassle to deal with.
Sponsored