Installed Morimoto HID, Warning Lights?

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Just got my kit today! Was watching some YouTube videos where people mentioned that they were experiencing a "wobble effect" with the aftermarket HID's. If anyone is familiar with this, are there any tips you might give to ensure that this doesn't happen?
Sponsored

OP
OP
cestjoel

cestjoel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
Just got my kit today! Was watching some YouTube videos where people mentioned that they were experiencing a "wobble effect" with the aftermarket HID's. If anyone is familiar with this, are there any tips you might give to ensure that this doesn't happen?
I donā€™t have a solution for this, but I get the wabble/shake. Itā€™s mainly on the passenger side.

splat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Si
Country flag
I have a slight shake on firm bumps in the passenger side bulb as well, Morimoto Elite H11B kit. The ballasts had a high-pitch buzz as well when I first installed them, but I can't hear it with the hood closed and haven't checked on it since.

The orange gasket on the passenger side bulb from Morimoto was too thick to lock in the bulb. I had to use the one from the Kensun kit I tried first. Which may be the gasket off the factory halogen bulb.

I like the nicer wiring and dual relay of the Morimoto kit, but I'm wondering about the bulbs and ballasts. I may try to replace one side with Kensun to compare.

OP
OP
cestjoel

cestjoel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have a slight shake on firm bumps in the passenger side bulb as well, Morimoto Elite H11B kit. The ballasts had a high-pitch buzz as well when I first installed them, but I can't hear it with the hood closed and haven't checked on it since.

The orange gasket on the passenger side bulb from Morimoto was too thick to lock in the bulb. I had to use the one from the Kensun kit I tried first. Which may be the gasket off the factory halogen bulb.

I like the nicer wiring and dual relay of the Morimoto kit, but I'm wondering about the bulbs and ballasts. I may try to replace one side with Kensun to compare.
I feel the same way about the Morimotos. The wires, relay. Iā€™m gonna try different bulbs (probs DDM Tuning) and ballasts (now that you mentioned it.) How do you feel about Kensun? Some guy here was selling both for $40 I think.

splat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Si
Country flag
I feel the same way about the Morimotos. The wires, relay. Iā€™m gonna try different bulbs (probs DDM Tuning) and ballasts (now that you mentioned it.) How do you feel about Kensun? Some guy here was selling both for $40 I think.
For $75 with relay, the Kensun 35w/5000K kit is nice excepting the midgrade audio installer wiring. Zero noise from ballasts, quick-firing bulbs. I don't recall any wobble or shake with either bulb. I only bought the Morimoto kit because of dumbass user error with the Kensun, then ended up with both sets.

The plan was to buy HID fog bulbs from Amazon and reuse the Kensun stuff there (don't think fogs will need a relay), but I might end up basically using the Morimoto relays to power the Kensun stuff.

556ALPHA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
My bulbs were VERY difficult to get locked in with the Morimoto gaskets but I do not have any shake

simon_lefisch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Bulbs were difficult for me as well. You really have to push on the housing to get it to lock. No shake on mine though.

OneJMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Acura RSX, 2017 Honda Civic hatchback
I wasn't able to stick in the morimoto h11 xb bulb so I just gave up, I also wasnt able to connect the oem input to the car, was I supposed to bend the tabs so that I could connect them?

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
For those having trouble getting the Morimoto bulbs to lock in, it's because the rubber o ring seals are too thick. I pulled them off and put on the seals from the factory halogens. Bulbs locked into place easily after that.

midnightcivic

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 SGP EX
Country flag
You really need to push hard on the bulbs and give them a turn, i think they're intended like that so they wont shake around.

Last edited:

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21399
Country flag
My bulbs were VERY difficult to get locked in with the Morimoto gaskets but I do not have any shake
yupp. cut my hand pretty bad trying to put in the passenger side bulb. but not that it's in there's no shaking

simon_lefisch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
You really need to push hard on the bulbs and give them a turn, i think they're intended that like that so they wont shake around.
^^ this right here. I had trouble installing the bulbs cuz the gasket was thick. Just had to push hard and the bulbs locked perfectly, no shaking while driving.

OP
OP
cestjoel

cestjoel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I wasn't able to stick in the morimoto h11 xb bulb so I just gave up, I also wasnt able to connect the oem input to the car, was I supposed to bend the tabs so that I could connect them?
Did you use the relay harness?

OP
OP
cestjoel

cestjoel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Also, to update those that are interested:

Iā€˜m going to just do the quick retrofit from TRS. I donā€™t like the shaking and I donā€™t like the color of the bulbs. Iā€™m thinking itā€™s the OEM housings thatā€™s making them look yellow/greenish.

Iā€™ll keep updating this once I do the retrofit

simon_lefisch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Also, to update those that are interested:

Iā€˜m going to just do the quick retrofit from TRS. I donā€™t like the shaking and I donā€™t like the color of the bulbs. Iā€™m thinking itā€™s the OEM housings thatā€™s making them look yellow/greenish.

Iā€™ll keep updating this once I do the retrofit
I just ordered my kit as well. Should be here next week. Got the RGB halos, demon eyes and drl lights as well.
Sponsored