Installed Morimoto HID, Warning Lights?

cestjoel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
So, I changed the battery and installed Morimoto HID. However, all the warning lights came on. Will they go away after driving for a while? Do I have to reset the computer???

Joel
Sponsored

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I hear when you replace the battery you have to drive it a bit to get everything to relearn.

wardt5

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
So, I changed the battery and installed Morimoto HID. However, all the warning lights came on. Will they go away after driving for a while? Do I have to reset the computer???

Joel
What HID's do you have? I am wanting the Morimoto, but I want them to match (as close as possible) the DRL's. What temp do you have? and what specific bulb size? H11b or H11a? Thanks!

Mogadee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Mazdaspeed 3, '17 WOP Si Sedan
Country flag
What HID's do you have? I am wanting the Morimoto, but I want them to match (as close as possible) the DRL's. What temp do you have? and what specific bulb size? H11b or H11a? Thanks!
From other threads, 5500k is closest with Morimoto's and go with H11b, those are the non-canbus.

OP
OP
cestjoel

cestjoel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I opted for the 35 watt ballast with 5500k H11B bulb and relay Harness.

However, we have been emailing back and forth about the color. To me, the 5500k looks yellow/greenish. They said to give it more time for the bulbs to break in. But, I don't think they'll get any whiter than they are now. If you do buy Morimotos, go for the 6500k.

Their Harness, cables, and ballast are great quality! But, I'm not sure about their bulbs. I'm gonna try to buy some DMTunning bulbs and Morimoto bulbs both in 6500k and see which look best. For now, here are some pics of the yellowish 5500k Morimotos

Honda Civic 10th gen Installed Morimoto HID, Warning Lights? IMG_7645.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Installed Morimoto HID, Warning Lights? IMG_7399.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Installed Morimoto HID, Warning Lights? IMG_7778.JPG

556ALPHA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
We have the same setup but yours definitely look a little more yellow. Mine were like that when I first installed but seem to be a little whiter now.

DevilDogDoc

First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Si Aegean Blue
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Installed Morimoto HID, Warning Lights? IMG_3792.JPG
I don't know if mine look the same as yours but they are 5500k Morimoto

OP
OP
cestjoel

cestjoel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I don't know if mine look the same as yours but they are 5500k Morimoto
Wow, your guy's definitely look a lot less yellow than mine. Do you mind if I use your pictures so I can show The Retrofit Source the comparison?