Installed LED interior lights (PCB boards). Dome one moved around and now no lights work

10thDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
(Car is a 2017 Civic Hatchback Sport)

So I installed these PCB based LED boards in the map, dome and trunk light areas. The dome one was never really secure completely and moved I guess while I was driving around, causing all of the lights to come on (ie. map, dome and I assume the trunk). Tapped the dome light plastic with my finger and it turned off. I went to take it out today and I assume it blew the fuse for that lighting. I replaced it with the stock halogen lamp that came installed in the car and none of them work still.

Assuming this is a blown fuse, where is this located on the interior fuse panel? If anyone could supply a picture for the fuse panel diagram I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.
Sponsored

SangreRaven

First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
(Car is a 2017 Civic Hatchback Sport)

So I installed these PCB based LED boards in the map, dome and trunk light areas. The dome one was never really secure completely and moved I guess while I was driving around, causing all of the lights to come on (ie. map, dome and I assume the trunk). Tapped the dome light plastic with my finger and it turned off. I went to take it out today and I assume it blew the fuse for that lighting. I replaced it with the stock halogen lamp that came installed in the car and none of them work still.

Assuming this is a blown fuse, where is this located on the interior fuse panel? If anyone could supply a picture for the fuse panel diagram I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.
If this is right, it looks like its under the hood in that fuse box.

http://www.autogenius.info/honda-civic-from-2016-fuse-box-diagram/

-R

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic Touring
Country flag
Mine did the same thing. It's only a 10a fuse. Metal tabs from the switches touched mine. It worked at first but wouldn't work later. If you can put a bit of electrical tape on that side that should help. Mine came with 2 aided tape that I didn't want to use at first but used after that.

OP
OP

10thDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
If this is right, it looks like its under the hood in that fuse box.

http://www.autogenius.info/honda-civic-from-2016-fuse-box-diagram/

-R
Thanks for that!

Mine did the same thing. It's only a 10a fuse. Metal tabs from the switches touched mine. It worked at first but wouldn't work later. If you can put a bit of electrical tape on that side that should help. Mine came with 2 aided tape that I didn't want to use at first but used after that.
Yea I totally forgot to update this thread. The following morning I pulled out the multimeter, tested the 10A fuse in the fuse box under the hood, saw no continuity, pulled it out and sure enough, dead. Car came with an extra 10AMP fuse in the little pocket under the arm rest (near the hinge area). Popped that fuse in place of the dead one (after putting the stock bulb back in) and all is well.

Should probably use double sided tape next time, or I'll just leave it the way it is since it's not a big deal and doesn't throw off the lighting too badly.
Sponsored