Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Can you guys show me any data log pulling from 2 to 5th gear at 90 degrees ambient temps? I'm considering this but I wanna see how it performs, also track days whit ambient temps at least 85 degres.

Thank you guys.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Man I was wondering the same thing...because those 27won pipes were too small.

I first ordered the intercooler by itself. It came with one clamp that would only work with the hks intercooler AND hks boost pipe (hot side of course, where you see hks stamp).

Then I got the hks pipes which came with a different clamp that tappers down from hks pipe to smaller diameter to mate with oem intercooler. And of course the pipe kit comes with another similar clamp to mate from the other side of the hks pipe up to the turbo side.
ah ok. i have heard of people using PRL pipes on the HKS intercooler so i was curious to see what part of it you can actually use. Maybe its just the pipe that has the map sensor on it.

Coqui

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Boost Blue
Country flag
@boosted180sx I got info from guy on fb group on how he used COMPLETE prl pipe kit on his intercooler...he took 40grit and sanded down lip on hotside/hks stamped side until prl coupler fit, not all way, just enough for coupler to go on since smaller diameter. Other way people make it work is spending extra money on both pipe kits. Use hks coupler on that side/prl on other side
Honda Civic 10th gen Installed HKS intercooler and pipes 08FACB1C-859C-42FC-A06A-D0895D69C704

OP
OP
02SilverSiHB

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can you guys show me any data log pulling from 2 to 5th gear at 90 degrees ambient temps? I'm considering this but I wanna see how it performs, also track days whit ambient temps at least 85 degres.

Thank you guys.
It isn't anywhere near those temps here yet

Kwoner87

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #3773
Country flag
I also have the HKS intercooler with piping. Love it. Also have HKS Legamax exhaust (highly recommend if you love HKS), PRL HVI, and Hondata and it pulls oh so nice.

OP
OP
02SilverSiHB

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I also have the HKS intercooler with piping. Love it. Also have HKS Legamax exhaust (highly recommend if you love HKS), PRL HVI, and Hondata and it pulls oh so nice.
Yeah I'm loving it. Just ordered hks intake and will have it turned soon again

AnotherFK8

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 C.W '18
Country flag
Yeah I'm loving it. Just ordered hks intake and will have it turned soon again
Quick question silver, I ended up going for the pipes too as you suggested. Did you have to remove the safety bar at all or chop into the radiator fan plastic support at all as it suggests? The instructions make it look a hell of lot more in depth than a core in/out job ha!

OP
OP
02SilverSiHB

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Quick question silver, I ended up going for the pipes too as you suggested. Did you have to remove the safety bar at all or chop into the radiator fan plastic support at all as it suggests? The instructions make it look a hell of lot more in depth than a core in/out job ha!
I didn't remove the impact beam...I think that was meant for Japan models. I also avoided chopping away at the radiator plastic...didn't feel comfortable doing that lol. The only thing I trimmed was those two pieces that guide air to the intercooler

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have hks ic and its piping... no need to chop anything.. i did remove the plastic piece that guard two side of the ic..

OP
OP
02SilverSiHB

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have hks ic and its piping... no need to chop anything.. i did remove the plastic piece that guard two side of the ic..
you removed them? you should trim them and keep them in place to help air direct more at the IC...

Those aren't guards...they direct airflow to the IC