Installed flex fuel kit with hondata base map

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
I've had the tune for almost a week now and love the flex fuel upgrade. I immediately removed the rev hang cause was just hating that. But will toggle the other 2 and try them out thanks for the info. I've had 0 clutch slip so far but as I've said before I'm not wot either.
just a fyi, you may not give your gas pedal 100% but it still go WOT on the throttle plate.

look at your datalogs on the Tplate vs Tpedal
Sponsored

OP
OP
2017si_msfiesta
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI
Country flag
just a fyi, you may not give your gas pedal 100% but it still go WOT on the throttle plate.

look at your datalogs on the Tplate vs Tpedal
This is true but I have had no clutch slip so far. And when it does start slipping I'll change the clutch I'd never void warranties on a car if I couldn't afford to fix something if I need too.

BobbyA

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe (PRL Stage 1, Hondata FlashPro, PRL Flex Fuel e85, HardRace Rear Mount, Megan Racing Strut Bar) Wish List: PRL Catted Downpipe, Eibach Pro Springs Kit, Seibon Carbon Fiber Hood & Trunk.
Country flag
upload_2018-9-9_12-55-12.png

I would change the ethanol 40 and 60% to 100%

Where do you see it says 265whp for the Si?
I don't think they have a "+9 flex fuel map"
How/where do you get the - Ethanol Ignition Multiplier - table to come up in the Calibration window? I have a drop down list but that isn't in the options, the closest thing is Ethanol Ignition Compensation.

2019SiOldGuy

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Storm trooper Taco TRD 4x4, custom 3 wheel Hy Bird
Country flag
How/where do you get the - Ethanol Ignition Multiplier - table to come up in the Calibration window? I have a drop down list but that isn't in the options, the closest thing is Ethanol Ignition Compensation.
I just had Sirimoto flexfuel kit installed on my 2019 Civic Si. Drove it a mile and all warning lights came on. Than car went into limp mode. Reasons why? Hondata flashpro was used for new 19's... bad start

2019SiOldGuy

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Storm trooper Taco TRD 4x4, custom 3 wheel Hy Bird
Country flag
The flex kit is going to run higher TQ numbers much more easily, and earlier in the power curve, due to the cooling effect. And Hondata strongly recommends a clutch upgrade on their +9 map. Last I checked, the Flex Kit's peak TQ is +5-10 over their +9 base map, and is +20 TQ over the +9 map under 3K RPMs.

I can't speculate how long it will last, only that clutch slip has been encountered at these TQ levels. From Hondata:

+ 9 PSI calibration

The supplied +9 psi calibration (light blue line) is capable of generating 272 lb-ft torque. In our dyno testing we found the stock clutch beginning to slip. The Dynapack dyno is very hard on the drivetrain and is more likely to cause slip than street driving with stock tires. Our road testing to date has shown no clutch slip with the + 9 psi calibration. We recommend using the +6 psi calibration and an upgraded clutch.

2019SiOldGuy

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The flex kit is going to run higher TQ numbers much more easily, and earlier in the power curve, due to the cooling effect. And Hondata strongly recommends a clutch upgrade on their +9 map. Last I checked, the Flex Kit's peak TQ is +5-10 over their +9 base map, and is +20 TQ over the +9 map under 3K RPMs.

I can't speculate how long it will last, only that clutch slip has been encountered at these TQ levels. From Hondata:

+ 9 PSI calibration

The supplied +9 psi calibration (light blue line) is capable of generating 272 lb-ft torque. In our dyno testing we found the stock clutch beginning to slip. The Dynapack dyno is very hard on the drivetrain and is more likely to cause slip than street driving with stock tires. Our road testing to date has shown no clutch slip with the + 9 psi calibration. We recommend using the +6 psi calibration and an upgraded clutch.
My clutched slipped on the dyno at about 265 hp everytime....that was stock. Now time to go back on dyno with fx200...we shall see
Sponsored