Installed flex fuel kit with hondata base map

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI
Country flag
As post says I just installed kit and I have hondata e85 base map what in the ethanol settings do I need to change to run an e40-e45 blend and get close to the advertised whp/wtq or do I have to run straight e85?
Sponsored

OP
OP
2017si_msfiesta
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI
Country flag
running straight e85 won't trash your fuel system....

You don't need to change anything to run a blend on the basemap
Thanks for the info so I'll have the 265whp from the base map while using blend?

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My mistake, I read that straight E85 isn’t good for our cars, but that you had to run a blend.

OP
OP
2017si_msfiesta
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI
Country flag
Available Monday Hondata will release the Civic FlexFuel upgrade for the Civic Si.

Using inexpensive ethanol sensors and high ethanol content fuel it is now possible to make significant performance improvements with the supplied calibrations. Not only will your Civic make more torque and power, but it will spool the turbo earlier and faster while operating considerably cooler and smoother.

Unlike manufacturer flex fuel systems, the Hondata Flex Fuel upgrade dynamically adjusts the tuning for peak performance dependent on the ethanol content of the fuel. Just plug in, fill up and go. Gains of 64 hp and 64 lb ft torque over stock are possible for a total of 265 hp and 285 lb-ft torque.

No tuning required. Just plug in, fill up and go.

17_civic_si_stock_with_flex_fuel.gif

Here's a quick how to:

https://www.hondata.com/downloads/flex_fuel_upgrade_instructions.pdf

stock_fuel_line_cut_points.jpeg

fuel_line_with_ethanol_sensor.jpeg

flex_fuel_under_hood.jpeg

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
oh beats me it might do 265whp.
just change to what I said earlier if you want it to run the same IGN as straight E85

I hope you got an aftermarket clutch

OP
OP
2017si_msfiesta
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI
Country flag
oh beats me it might do 265whp.
just change to what I said earlier if you want it to run the same IGN as straight E85

I hope you got an aftermarket clutch
Thank you for your help and I'm running stock clutch but I've been running tsp tune with no issues but I'm not hard on the car either and this and the tsp run about same torque numbers.

j_babsR1

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2004 Yamaha R1
Let me know how your stock clutch handles e85. I’m on stock clutch with full bolt ons on the tsp stage1 tune as well. Thinking about this as well.

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
upload_2018-9-9_12-55-12.png

I would change the ethanol 40 and 60% to 100%

Where do you see it says 265whp for the Si?
I don't think they have a "+9 flex fuel map"
I don't understand this recommendation could you elaborate? Seems like not good advice at all to me. but maybe you know something I don't soooo im curious.

OP
OP
2017si_msfiesta
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI
Country flag
Let me know how your stock clutch handles e85. I’m on stock clutch with full bolt ons on the tsp stage1 tune as well. Thinking about this as well.
I wouldn't do this with full bolt ons with stock clutch no way

phood

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm running the following Hondata calibration base:
Civic SI Turbo MT 2017, tuned +6 PSI with ethanol, FTS enabled, Sport mode start up

I installed the Zietronix ECA-2 kit and to get the ethanol reading from the FlashPro datalog to match the gauge (using a few different blends e40, e65, e75), I used the following settings:

Volts 0.57 @ 0%
Volts 4.90 @ 100%

The car really wakes up on E-blends (I've gone back and forth depending on where I am - E85 is a short [15-20 min] drive in the direction I never go).

I kept it this way until recently I discovered a few options in the, "Mods," tab (along the top of the FlashPro menu) that also made a big difference:

Check > Boost - Optimized turbo response
Check > Throttle - Improved response
Check > Throttle - Disable rev hang

There are a few others in there that should already be checked with this base map.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Thank you for your help and I'm running stock clutch but I've been running tsp tune with no issues but I'm not hard on the car either and this and the tsp run about same torque numbers.
The flex kit is going to run higher TQ numbers much more easily, and earlier in the power curve, due to the cooling effect. And Hondata strongly recommends a clutch upgrade on their +9 map. Last I checked, the Flex Kit's peak TQ is +5-10 over their +9 base map, and is +20 TQ over the +9 map under 3K RPMs.

I can't speculate how long it will last, only that clutch slip has been encountered at these TQ levels. From Hondata:

+ 9 PSI calibration

The supplied +9 psi calibration (light blue line) is capable of generating 272 lb-ft torque. In our dyno testing we found the stock clutch beginning to slip. The Dynapack dyno is very hard on the drivetrain and is more likely to cause slip than street driving with stock tires. Our road testing to date has shown no clutch slip with the + 9 psi calibration. We recommend using the +6 psi calibration and an upgraded clutch.

OP
OP
2017si_msfiesta
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI
Country flag
I'm running the following Hondata calibration base:
Civic SI Turbo MT 2017, tuned +6 PSI with ethanol, FTS enabled, Sport mode start up

I installed the Zietronix ECA-2 kit and to get the ethanol reading from the FlashPro datalog to match the gauge (using a few different blends e40, e65, e75), I used the following settings:

Volts 0.57 @ 0%
Volts 4.90 @ 100%

The car really wakes up on E-blends (I've gone back and forth depending on where I am - E85 is a short [15-20 min] drive in the direction I never go).

I kept it this way until recently I discovered a few options in the, "Mods," tab (along the top of the FlashPro menu) that also made a big difference:

Check > Boost - Optimized turbo response
Check > Throttle - Improved response
Check > Throttle - Disable rev hang

There are a few others in there that should already be checked with this base map.
I've had the tune for almost a week now and love the flex fuel upgrade. I immediately removed the rev hang cause was just hating that. But will toggle the other 2 and try them out thanks for the info. I've had 0 clutch slip so far but as I've said before I'm not wot either.
Sponsored