Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
it's 2019 type R with all acuity goods. after shift don't wiggle your knob. shift from 3 to 4 and see if you get some sought of click
Lol imo I could care less about noise. 2020 R shifter is 20% shorter throws than 17-19
Sponsored

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
just installed the type R shifter and I am getting click noise on 4th 6th gear alone. I would have bought that Perrin cable lockdown or stick with Si shifter assembly
I have the 2020 R shifter with the Acuity cable bushings, spring, base bushings and rocker arm. I also hear an audible "click" when I shift into any gear, but it is more noticable in the even gears.

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
Now I am planning to shift back to Si shifter and sell type R shifter with acuity bits online

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Now I am planning to shift back to Si shifter and sell type R shifter with acuity bits online
You're giving up the shorter throws and better centering force?! Do you have the Acuity cable bushings too? I added that first before I changed my shifter and just the bushings alone gave a more mechanical feel and sound to the shifts with the stock Si shifter.

I'm all about that mechanical feel lol. I might even upgrade from the 2020 CTR shifter to the full adjustable shifter in the future ?

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You're giving up the shorter throws and better centering force?! Do you have the Acuity cable bushings too? I added that first before I changed my shifter and just the bushings alone gave a more mechanical feel and sound to the shifts with the stock Si shifter.

I'm all about that mechanical feel lol. I might even upgrade from the 2020 CTR shifter to the full adjustable shifter in the future ?
I have the cable bushings but I didn't change it yet. I will change next weekend maybe or remove the entire console now and swap Si shifter LOL.

The short throws are good but I feel the placement of shift knob is different and the gate spacing is narrow because of acuity rocker. may be I got used to stock shifter a lot and I need to get used to this new feel ?

Last edited:

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the cable bushings but I didn't change it yet. I will change next weekend maybe or remove the entire console now and swap Si shifter LOL.

The short throws are good but I feel the placement of shift knob is different and the gate spacing is narrow because of acuity rocker. may be I got used to stock shifter a lot and I need to get used to this new feel ?
It's 100x better and just put the stock rocker arm from the 2020 R back on. Honestly no need for any other parts except for base bushings to keep shifter in place.

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
I just put in a 17-19 CTR shifter with only the acuity base bushings a few weeks ago. No spring or rocker arm. The shorter throws and tighter feeling was very noticable and worth the effort. Wish I had a 2020 shifter at the time but I’m very satisfied as is. Even if theres a bit more clicking sound I dont mind at all. The more positive engagement is very nice.

Tags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Audi A3 Quattro, 2020 Volkswagen Tiguan
Country flag
I did this mod this past weekend. Went from stock to CTR shifter plus Acuity rocker, spring, and base bushings. I also did the cable lockdown with zip ties and added some sound deadening around the shifter area.

A few thoughts:

-The Acuity spring is totally worth the extra $5 over others. I had originally bought a competitors' spring, but not only did it lack the silicone coverings, it also fit terribly and had a lot of slop.

-The Acuity install videos are very well done, although they could have gone just a touch more slowly. The explanation for releasing the cable assembly tab was super helpful.

--The procedure is not hard but tedious. Prying interior trim is nervous work, as is removing all those little electrical clips. Re-assembly is tricky without a set procedure to follow since the order is very important.

-How does it all feel? Pretty darn good. Everything is more robust, firmer, thicker, more quality-feeling. In conjunction with a CMC adjustment and Amsoil MTF, 2nd-gear crunchiness is greatly diminished.. I will agree, though, with those who say the throw isn't a whole lot shorter. I would say 10-15%. If you want really short video-game throws, get an adapter rather than the CTR shifter.

-I didn't like the feel of a heavy shift knob on the stock setup -- too loose. But I'm going to try again now, as it does seem like the throws could use a little more momentum.

Si2020

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Just installed the 2020 Type-R shifter with Acuity base bushings today. The installation was straight forward and @ACUITY install video was great. No real hang ups. Great upgrade! Feels great. Definitely shorter throws. Very solid feeling! The cheap plastic pry tools and pics off of amazon helped immensely. Took 2 hours start to finish.

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just installed the 2020 Type-R shifter with Acuity base bushings today. The installation was straight forward and @ACUITY install video was great. No real hang ups. Great upgrade! Feels great. Definitely shorter throws. Very solid feeling! The cheap plastic pry tools and pics off of amazon helped immensely. Took 2 hours start to finish.
glad that you got your hands on 2020 type R shifter

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I waited a couple weeks for it. Definitely worth the wait.
I am fine with my 2019 type R shifter. planning to buy acuity Poco but I wanna know if it will be comfortable or uncomfortable with such low profile shifter

2020MSMcivicSI

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
I wanna know if it will be comfortable or uncomfortable with such low profile shifter
I have the 2020 type-r shifter and started with a poco style shift knob (not acuity tho) and it was comfortable. I switched to a acuity Esco sift knob and like it better because the Esco shift knob is taller so it lets me "choose" what grip I want to shift with. I can grab it lower to have a really short shift or higher up.

For 2019 type-r shifter, you are probably fine with the poco style, since it is taller than a 2020 but I dont think any combo will be uncomfortable... I just found through trying different styles that I like the Esco style better.

Dubers

First Name
Stevie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si, 2017 Civic Touring, 2010 Civic EX-L Coupe 5sp
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey Guys, I’ve got a 2020 Civic si and ordered the 2020 CTR shifter assembly + nut + knob. Do I need to order the 2020 ctr boot as well or will my 2020 Si boot be compatible? TIA