Installed Civic Type R shift lever in my Si

RavenStrange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
I was thinking about changing the Si shifter to a Type R, but when I put my vehicle info into the "will this fit my car" section, it says it won't. Even the parts guy at my local Honda dealership said the same thing. Is the 54100-TGH-A01 a direct replacement? Or will I need modifications?

Also, what Acuity shift kit should I get with it? I'd imagine it would be the Type R and not the Si kit?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
I was thinking about changing the Si shifter to a Type R, but when I put my vehicle info into the "will this fit my car" section, it says it won't. Even the parts guy at my local Honda dealership said the same thing. Is the 54100-TGH-A01 a direct replacement? Or will I need modifications?

Also, what Acuity shift kit should I get with it? I'd imagine it would be the Type R and not the Si kit?

Thanks in advance!
Direct replacement. You'll want the Acuity kit for the CTR as the short shift adapter in the Si kit is not meant for the CTR shifter. It will put too much of a strain on the cables.

MrHump

First Name
Lane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FC1
Country flag
Just did the R swap with acuity kit on my 18 Si. Thanks everyone on this post... super straight forward.

JD415

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Hello,

Will installing a CTR Shifter to a sport hatchback work or would there have to be some modifications done? I would like to add the acuity spring and bushings also.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hello,

Will installing a CTR Shifter to a sport hatchback work or would there have to be some modifications done? I would like to add the acuity spring and bushings also.
No modification required - it bolts right in!

I would suggest buying the kit from Unity Performance like @jlamb30 , since they bundle the OEM Honda and Acuity parts together and provide great support to this forum!

https://unity-performance.com/products/2020-civic-type-r-shifter-w-acuity-upgrades-all-6mt-civic

JD415

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag

I would suggest buying the kit from Unity Performance like @jlamb30 , since they bundle the OEM Honda and Acuity parts together and provide great support to this forum!

https://unity-performance.com/products/2020-civic-type-r-shifter-w-acuity-upgrades-all-6mt-civic
Thank you! As I seen on Honda's part site, the compatibility feature says "not a fit" with a sport. Glad you can confirm this.

I'll definitely look into Unity's combo pack but for me, This being my first stick car with almost 2 years of ownership, I'm hesitant on getting the pack just because I don't want the gates to be too narrow for me (Shifter rocker Upgrade). Not trying to hit a money shift lol. I'll give the CTR Shifter a try first and I feel comfortable enough, I'll make that jump.

Thanks

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you! As I seen on Honda's part site, the compatibility feature says "not a fit" with a sport. Glad you can confirm this.

I'll definitely look into Unity's combo pack but for me, This being my first stick car with almost 2 years of ownership, I'm hesitant on getting the pack just because I don't want the gates to be too narrow for me (Shifter rocker Upgrade). Not trying to hit a money shift lol. I'll give the CTR Shifter a try first and I feel comfortable enough, I'll make that jump.

Thanks
Eh, 2 years of daily driving a manual is plenty experience for this car!

The Acuity Centering Spring upgrade already makes it harder to miss a shift, so I wouldn't be too worried about installing the rocker.

My $0.02 is go for the whole package and install it once and be done. It's a bit of a chore to dismantle the interior just to get to the shifter assembly

jlamb30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan • 03 Kawi ZX-6R 636
Country flag

Thanks
You won’t regret getting the combo.

The reason the Honda parts sites list the sub-assembly as not fitting is only because it’s the Type R shifter. They say the same thing for the Si.

And like @arpypat suggested, go ahead and swap the spring and rocker before installing the shifter. Don’t let the spring scare you… it feels STIFF until you get the car back together and get the knob on the shifter. You’ll be amazed the first time you drive it. Trust me, you’re not going to want to tear the console out again.

Also, Acuity’s site has excellent take-apart videos and PDFs, as well as instructions for installing their parts.

Whatever your decision, good luck, you’re going to love the difference.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag

Thanks Arpan! Yeah man, starting to lose count of how many we've sent out; it's an awesome kit for the price :)

I have it on our CTR too, enjoying how short and precise the shifts are!

Ja87sm

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 ex-t 6mt
Country flag
Did the 20-21 ctr shifter with a 20-21 ctr oem shift knob in my 18 ex-t. Did acuity bushings at the same time, but left the rest oem. It a worth while upgrade for sure. Feels like a whole different car. Used a hybrid racing shift boot retainer. It wasn’t installed properly in the first pic.. I had it sitting on top of the boot. but it’s noticeably shorter either way

Honda Civic 10th gen Installed Civic Type R shift lever in my Si B879A337-A186-4DAB-BA4F-B9E5A8021BC3
Sponsored