clos714714

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5T CVT coupe
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Installed AVS low profile Rainguards. BDD5E261-3732-4FA8-A049-389AE43985A2
Honda Civic 10th gen Installed AVS low profile Rainguards. B725F5EB-2287-4933-A100-90859DC37ED0
Quick dumb question, did you insert the front part of the visor where that flange is butted up again the glass, in between the glass and the weather stripping, or on the outside of the weather stripping in between the plastic panel where the mirror connects to.

OP
OP

noelbnetz

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex-T Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
BDD5E261-3732-4FA8-A049-389AE43985A2.jpeg
B725F5EB-2287-4933-A100-90859DC37ED0.jpeg

Quick dumb question, did you insert the front part of the visor where that flange is butted up again the glass, in between the glass and the weather stripping, or on the outside of the weather stripping in between the plastic panel where the mirror connects to.
We might have different rainguards cause the only inline insert it had for mine was near the front end of the window. Also my rainguard went over my chrome trim, not under it.
I cut off my forward inline insert not wanting to block the windows line of movment in that gap.

clos714714

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5T CVT coupe
Country flag
We might have different rainguards cause the only inline insert it had for mine was near the front end of the window. Also my rainguard went over my chrome trim, not under it.
I cut off my forward inline insert not wanting to block the windows line of movment in that gap.
Yes, I was referring to the forward inline insert. There isn’t any problem with stability not having that insert while driving? I was thinking of shaving it down a bit and inserting it between the plastic panel and weather stripping where I pointed to in the second picture, therefore avoiding interference with the windows line of movement, because it just did not make sense inserting it where I pointed to in the first picture. I may have not explained myself well enough, but we do have the same guards that adhere to the chrome trim.

Lastly, what did you use to cover the last bit of chrome that is still exposed? I was thinking of just plastidipping that last portion, because I really didn’t want to paint the chrome trim prior to installing. I’m really not crazy about dipping, but seems like the most painless way of covering that last portion up.
Sponsored