Leef

First Name
Leef
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe Modern Steel Metallic
Country flag
I am wondering if there is any advantage to installing Waze on the head unit of my 18 Si vs accessing the app on my smartphone (an LG V30) through Android Auto. It currently seems to be running fine through AA but some of the features are limited and I suspect installing the apk may open some of those up.

I also have a special bonus question worth 10 points:

I have noticed that while driving with Google Maps, I sometimes get Waze-type warnings via audio (Caution - vehicle stopped on side of road ahead). I think this happens when I start Waze first, then switch to Google Maps (both being phone apps accessed by the car through Android Auto) - as if Waze is still functional in the background when I do that. Is the head unit actually layering Waze audibles over Google Maps, or is this rather a Google Map feature I am not aware of?
Sponsored

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
installing gps apps on the headunit lags a lot. it's not worth using imo. Also requires hotspot on your phone for your headunit. you are better off using android auto

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I am wondering if there is any advantage to installing Waze on the head unit of my 18 Si vs accessing the app on my smartphone (an LG V30) through Android Auto. It currently seems to be running fine through AA but some of the features are limited and I suspect installing the apk may open some of those up.

I also have a special bonus question worth 10 points:

I have noticed that while driving with Google Maps, I sometimes get Waze-type warnings via audio (Caution - vehicle stopped on side of road ahead). I think this happens when I start Waze first, then switch to Google Maps (both being phone apps accessed by the car through Android Auto) - as if Waze is still functional in the background when I do that. Is the head unit actually layering Waze audibles over Google Maps, or is this rather a Google Map feature I am not aware of?
I don't think Google integrated the caution alerts from Waze. I have never gotten them. Probably Waze is still open and running, even if you didn't set a destination.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
I don't think Google integrated the caution alerts from Waze. I have never gotten them. Probably Waze is still open and running, even if you didn't set a destination.
If you get the APK "APPKILLER" from the Google Play Store, and install it on your phone, you can run it to 100% be sure that you stop Warez from running (even in the background). If that stops the warning, then you have confirmed it was Warez.

BTW: It is alarming how many apps get to, and keep running in the background, even if you are not thinking you are using them. APPKILLER is a rude awakening, and can probably give you a good idea about which background apps are slowing down you phone.

ElusiveJones

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-L
Country flag
I run Spotify and Waze simultaneously. Both apps installed on the HU. It's a *little* sluggish, but certainly not intolerable. Running Honda Hack with parking bypass lets both apps have full functionality, which I will argue is safer than fighting the ridiculous limitations put in place by AA, if you are a responsible person.

micahray23

First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
With Honda Hack installed, I have a problem with the factory navigation. Here is my problem. When I have the map on the display, then use the right turn signal or reverse, when the turn signal goes off or I shift back into drive, the display does not return to the map, it always goes back to the home screen. Every damn time! It's super annoying. To the point I want to uninstall the Hack if there is no fix. Help!

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
With Honda Hack installed, I have a problem with the factory navigation. Here is my problem. When I have the map on the display, then use the right turn signal or reverse, when the turn signal goes off or I shift back into drive, the display does not return to the map, it always goes back to the home screen. Every damn time! It's super annoying. To the point I want to uninstall the Hack if there is no fix. Help!
Best person to help you would be Codeage - The Honda Hack developer.

http://www.autohack.org/author/admin/
Sponsored