Installed aftermarket black grille but the emblem mount is different

Jdor30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic LX sedan
Country flag
I bought an aftermarket black grill to replace the chrome stock one on my 18’ Civic LX. However, the emblem base on the aftermarket grill seems different then the one that was on the stock grill. The chrome emblem on the stock grill can come off but the base it mounts to is all one piece.

the aftermarket grill has a recessed one where it looks like you clip a base into. Below is a picture of where the emblem would mount on the aftermarket grill. But it is definitely not interchangeable with the stock one. Anyone know what kind of emblem is suppose to go?

Honda Civic 10th gen Installed aftermarket black grille but the emblem mount is different 7BF5BD26-8654-471D-875B-D489B314FBFB
Sponsored

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Looks like it’s meant for the red Honda badge, I doubt the chrome Honda logo will fit since the pins are tiny and won’t reach. Best luck it to put 3m mounting tape on the back side of the chrome Honda logo and trim it to fit and mount it that way

OP
OP

Jdor30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
When you refer to the "red honda badge" are you talking about the JDM ones? If so I was thinking about picking them up. Saw they have the red ones and one that come in black and silver.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
When you refer to the "red honda badge" are you talking about the JDM ones? If so I was thinking about picking them up. Saw they have the red ones and one that come in black and silver.
Yeah you can go the eBay route to pick some up, but I bought the OEM ones (front and back)

OP
OP

Jdor30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So i'm gonna pick up a few of the emblems off of Ebay. However I still world like to mount them properly without relying on just double sided tape so I whipped up a quick emblem mount in fusion 360 gonna 3d print it and see how it works. Hopefully it fits the new grille and i can mount the new emblems
Honda Civic 10th gen Installed aftermarket black grille but the emblem mount is different emblem holder

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
If you have to buy the red emblems, I would suggest the OE route.
Many subpar parts in eBay and I for one do not know better.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah the OEM Part is pretty durable (the back 3m tape that is). If I were you I would just 3D print a filler to fill in the empty space so it’s all flat and then put the red Honda emblem. So I would go the OEM route but they are expensive obviously, even more so at the dealer cause of the Type R mark up. So buy from an OEM Part store online. I use:
https://www.hondapartsnow.com/

Gangrel

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
So i'm gonna pick up a few of the emblems off of Ebay. However I still world like to mount them properly without relying on just double sided tape so I whipped up a quick emblem mount in fusion 360 gonna 3d print it and see how it works. Hopefully it fits the new grille and i can mount the new emblems
emblem holder.png
Just curious how this worked out for you.