EdwarDallas

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
I installed the 27Won RMM today in my 2020 Si Sedan at 2,266 miles.

I may have slightly over-torqued the bolts due to not having a torque wrench so I am hoping it will not crack (? -Has this happened to anyone??)

NVH was there, I am hoping it dies down with time.

The noise is loud in the cabin, but too low to record on my phone. It does sound like an amplified exhaust sound and the vibration seems to be from 2,300-3,500rpm or so.

Shifting feels more direct and overall driving feels more solid.

It is an easy install and a beautiful piece of kit.

My engine bay is otherwise stock, but I plan to install a PRL stage 1 intake tomorrow and a PRL Intercooler in the near future (Hot as Hell here in Texas in the Summer!!)

Edward

Honda Civic 10th gen Installed 27Won RMM today CF909171-03F9-43A8-BBC8-C7FDFEB7AA10
Sponsored

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
NVH was there, I am hoping it dies down with time.
I promise you the vibrations will die down. It wont go away completely but will be tolerable. Some people will swear that I am just getting used to it but it is total BS. Do some fun driving here and there and it will loosen up. I am not sure about the cabin noise though because I installed my 27won RMM the same day as my MAP exhaust. I want to say it was super loud when I first installed everything but then that died down too.

shibles

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'd get under there and torque it right. Basically it shouldn't crack but if you care about longevity and peace of mind, it may crack after a long time and cause fatigue failure, so proper torquing is best.

OP
OP
EdwarDallas

EdwarDallas

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
I'd get under there and torque it right. Basically it shouldn't crack but if you care about longevity and peace of mind, it may crack after a long time and cause fatigue failure, so proper torquing is best.
I think you are right. I ordered a torque wrench today. I'd like to have some piece of mind. You can literally feel the the pulsing of the crank at idle

Edward

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
I think you are right. I ordered a torque wrench today. I'd like to have some piece of mind. You can literally feel the the pulsing of the crank at idle

Edward
That's probably not your torque being too high. It's because the mount is insanely stiff.

I'm not saying you shouldn't ensure proper torque, but a set of these will help. I use them all the time.

Honda Civic 10th gen Installed 27Won RMM today 51fCQpOlN1L

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looking forward to an update after you have had a few months with it. :)

OP
OP
EdwarDallas

EdwarDallas

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
UPDATE:

At 3,066 miles I decided to take off the RMM and inspect it and then re-install it to the torque specs.

The outside of the compound on the side the bolt goes in had some "skin" or outer surface worn off-probably due to being over-torqued for the last 800 miles of city/ highway driving.

So I flipped it over when I re-installed it and torqued it to spec (60/65 rear).

The sound has reduced considerably over time and re-torquing to specs (less tight than it was before) did not see to reduce much of the NVH from before--it is still there and the vibration has gone down too. It is much more liveable in terms if the NVH which is much less now.

There will always be some drone-make the exhaust sound really deep and grunty.

I'm keeping it-you can really feel it's stabilizing affects at high excelleration!!

Attached are pics. I'm glad it never cracked. That is one really tough piece of aluminum!

Honda Civic 10th gen Installed 27Won RMM today 0190B1CA-626C-44FA-ABEA-EBC51BFA05D0

Honda Civic 10th gen Installed 27Won RMM today CDD39687-5CCD-4C19-86EB-FE03BCD5F6C0

Honda Civic 10th gen Installed 27Won RMM today AF55E60E-5C92-49D3-A99B-B86264710EE5

Honda Civic 10th gen Installed 27Won RMM today 04F8100A-6C57-450D-A1C6-FCB63398539C

Edward

Last edited: