First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Confession time. I think I can see how this may happen, as I am Guilty of something similar. :eek:

When re-fitting the skid plate, the obvious way to re-assemble is to start by using the two SCREW Bolts (fitted loosely) to secure the plate in the approximate position, and then to fit the 1/4 turn lock screws while there is still some play in the plate position.

Then you should go back and tighten the two Screw Bolts, which today I realized I failed to do !!!
I bet this is what happens sometimes at the Dealership, and with vibration, over time, those two untightened screw bolts could work loose and fall out. :dunno:
Skid plate has notches that plastic tabs on the car receive. It just slides into position. If each plastic tab is holding the plate all the fastening points should align from plate to body.
Sponsored

Fit2Hatch

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Skid plate has notches that plastic tabs on the car receive. It just slides into position. If each plastic tab is holding the plate all the fastening points should align from plate to body.
My opinion on this is slightly different!

Plastic tab is there to assist "hand free" holding skid plate in place, there is no assurance plastic tab will provide alignment for the two Philip head and all the 1/4" turn lock screw.

The two Philip head screw is "body bound" by design. It's "body bound" body is designed for alignment purpose.

SCOPESYS's method is correct. Body bound Philip head screw should screwed in loosely first to assist alignment for the 1/4" turn lock screw, tighten only after all 1/4" turn lock screws are in.