First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Accord, 2018 Pilot, 2017 Si, 2018 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sill trim kit I super easy. Looks awesome too. The ambient light kit looks good, but I’ve not decided if it’s worth the effort
Sponsored

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
So I modified the install to have the door pocket/handle illumination to come on only with the parking/headlight switch on (or auto). OEM instructions say to install it to have it on with the ignition on. By doing this modification, the lights will come on the same as the ambient lighting/console illumination.

Honda Civic 10th gen Inner Door Handle & Door Pocket Illumination 20190307_123205

Passenger side lights - tap the gray wire not the "brown" wire.

Honda Civic 10th gen Inner Door Handle & Door Pocket Illumination 20190307_123055

Driver side lights - tap the tan wire on the window switch plug not the "brown" wire on the mirror control plug. You will need to tap that wire a little further down from the plug to give the accessory wire enough slack (so you can plug into both plugs without issue).

Tap the black wires as per OEM instructions.

Redcap

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR FK8
Country flag
So I modified the install to have the door pocket/handle illumination to come on only with the parking/headlight switch on (or auto). OEM instructions say to install it to have it on with the ignition on. By doing this modification, the lights will come on the same as the ambient lighting/console illumination.

Driver side lights - tap the tan wire on the window switch plug not the "brown" wire on the mirror control plug. You will need to tap that wire a little further down from the plug to give the accessory wire enough slack (so you can plug into both plugs without issue).

Thanks for the tip on the wiring option, now i'm not actually sure how I would prefer it to work? What advantage do you think there is with the way that you have chosen to wire it over the way Honda have intended it to work? I'm just curious as at this stage I can choose how it will work and I'm not sure what might be better?

I was going to just go with the Honda instructions for all the lighting kits I have. I guess I could also have the door sill illumination kit only illuminate when the interior lights come on when the door is opened?

So if I were to wire the kits as per the Honda fitting instructions;
Ambient Foot Well Illumination will come on when? the Parking/Headlight switch is on
Door Lining Illumination will come on when? the Ignition is on
Door Sill Illumination will come on when?

Last edited:

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
Thanks for the tip on the wiring option, now i'm not actually sure how I would prefer it to work? What advantage do you think there is with the way that you have chosen to wire it over the way Honda have intended it to work? I'm just curious as at this stage I can choose how it will work and I'm not sure what might be better?

After my initial installation, I wanted them to come on with just the headlights. In the long run, it will preserve the LED against hours used if they come on only with the headlights. Plus you can't see the illumination during the day.

I was going to just go with the Honda instructions for all the lighting kits I have. I guess I could also have the door sill illumination kit only illuminate when the interior lights come on when the door is opened?

I am not sure when these turn on since I don't have these.

Redcap

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR FK8
Country flag
Just answered my own question. LOL

ILLUMINATED DOOR SILL TRIM
Check the Operation of the Illuminated Door Sill Trim

59. Make sure the light comes on when you open each front door. (This is what I thought would be the best/sensible option)

https://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/08E12TEA600B.pdf

AMBIENT FOOTWELL LIGHTING KIT
Check the Operation of the Interior Illumination

47. Set the light switch to the or position. The ambient lights should be on.
48. Set the headlight switch to the AUTO position. The ambient lights should be on with the parking lights or headlights.
49. Check that the interior illumination brightness varies along with the instrument panel brightness by turning the brightness control knob.
50. If the ambient lights do not come on, check the fuse and all the connectors.

https://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/08E10TEA600A.pdf

DOOR LINING ILLUMINATION
Check the Operation of the Door Lining Illumination

Doesn't say in the guide but the lights comes on with the Ignition.

https://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/08E20TEA600A.pdf

The links for installation are for UK and European models I believe, they have LHD and RHD instructions.
I found that the US/Canada instructions for the Footwell kit wasn't correct.

Last edited:

AlexSt84

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FK7 2019 Sport Plus
Country flag
Do you Guys think that Door and Ambient Lights can fit FK7 Hatchback ?

wantcivXhb-si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback LX 2019
Country flag

20190307_123205.jpg

20190307_123055.jpg

Thanks for this! I am picking up my car on Wednesday and I will be travelling to Europe early May, so I plan to pick up the parts when I am over there, and I think your method of wiring it to come on with the ambient lighting/console is better than it coming on with the ignition. Can''t wait to put that in! Cheers!

Roadcone

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 FR-S + '19 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
do we have part numbers for all of these kits? the rakuten pages do not show part numbers but do show that they are backordered.

Roadcone

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 FR-S + '19 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
do we have part numbers for all of these kits? the rakuten pages do not show part numbers but do show that they are backordered.
I got unlazy.... here's the part numbers.

FK8 Red door handle Illumination
08E20TEA600A

FK8 Red front ambient footlight
08E10TEA600A

FK8 illuminated door sills
08E12TEA600B

Higgo8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK8 CTR GT
Country flag
Can anyone advise which wire is the dimmer wire on the ambient footwell kit?
Sponsored