Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Funny because most of the American made exhaust manufacturers took about a month of development to make their exhausts.
Which are American made? The exhaust that are out are Injen, aFe for non Si's and Type R, Borla not out yet, Greddy only for sport and type R not out yet, HKS Hatch sport, Injen not out yet except for , aFe Civic Si on pre-order, Invidia out for non si and only base models, 27won for hatch only so far, Yonaka released but sold out, Thermal R&D for hatch and type R. Let me know if I am missing any? Most of those brands took months before release.
Sponsored

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thermal took a month of development and then a few weeks after to release for both hatches. Magnaflow seemed to take about the same time. Even the guy who let HKS use his car had the first production version in about a month.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thermal took a month of development and then a few weeks after to release for both hatches. Magnaflow seemed to take about the same time. Even the guy who let HKS use his car had the first production version in about a month.
That's only three companies though. Another thing to add was Magnaflow took some time with theirs as it was pushed back further for actual shipping date. The SI only got it about 2 weeks ago.

yht29

BOOST PATROL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SGP Sport, CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
  • Sounds like some thorough and legit R&D to me. Exhaust work usually takes a while if they want to get everything right. I hope they make one for the SI lol since this was pertained to the hatch. Either way I already have my aFe pre-ordered for my SI.
you give them too much credit. For a company that makes hundreds of different intakes by following the same formula. There should be no issues with production. I have the greddy one and its quality and a relatively simple build. If you think its about r&d i doubt it. It's dollars and cents, and of course prioritizing development on platforms that will have larger sales.
Sponsored