Injen Super SES Catback Exhaust - My Take (with video)

sparky6713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ex-T
Country flag
I order qty 2 Flowmaster DBX mufflers and their tips for a quad tip look. Hopefully i get them next week. All the parts are stainless and the muffler can be polished if desire. Which i think i will do.
Honda Civic 10th gen Injen Super SES Catback Exhaust - My Take (with video) 15389

Honda Civic 10th gen Injen Super SES Catback Exhaust - My Take (with video) flowmaster-dbx-series-laminar-flow-muffler_zpsb25341e6

gregprep29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta TDI (waiting for my buy back)
Country flag
Sounds good if that's what you're into. Just seems like a large chunk of coin for some noise enhancements. Maybe honda made it super restrictive, but as of the last 5 years or so, there's very little performance gains on cat-backs on turbo motors. Most power is going to be in the downpipe, which would allow you to have a civilized ride, more power, and a little bit more of a growl...but to each their own. If that's what you were looking for, then it sounds pretty decent!

OP
OP
RallyeRed

RallyeRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sounds good if that's what you're into. Just seems like a large chunk of coin for some noise enhancements. Maybe honda made it super restrictive, but as of the last 5 years or so, there's very little performance gains on cat-backs on turbo motors. Most power is going to be in the downpipe, which would allow you to have a civilized ride, more power, and a little bit more of a growl...but to each their own. If that's what you were looking for, then it sounds pretty decent!
It's not just for noise, but for the appearance of an actual exhaust tip.

johnnywatts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Aegean Blue
Shame that it isn't dual. I can't stand asymmetry.

biffosaur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Fusion Sport, 98 Civic Dx (turbo/Blown), 98 Civic Ex (Blown), 87 CRX HF, 94 F150 302
Shame that it isn't dual. I can't stand asymmetry.
Putting a dual exhaust on a car like this is really a Form>Function way of thinking. Absolutely dead weight and/or cosmetic only.

Edit* Unless your function is to make it super quiet...then two mufflers makes sense lol

I'd put them in parallel if the package space was there.

OP
OP
RallyeRed

RallyeRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Putting a dual exhaust on a car like this is really a Form>Function way of thinking. Absolutely dead weight and/or cosmetic only.

Edit* Unless your function is to make it super quiet...then two mufflers makes sense lol

This man is correct.

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
I'm OK with a single tailpipe looks better on a car like this. Definitely wouldn't want four. :) But to each his own.

johnnywatts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Aegean Blue

That's exactly the point. Not all of us have a penchant for Asian staple foods.

A dual exhaust with larger diameter will net better performance, while reducing the amount of noise gained.

OP
OP
RallyeRed

RallyeRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's exactly the point. Not all of us have a penchant for Asian staple foods.

A dual exhaust with larger diameter will net better performance, while reducing the amount of noise gained.
I don't think it's possible for a dual exhaust to perform better than a single, in this case.

Balto

Furfag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX-T, 2000 Honda Insight
Vehicle Showcase
I just want a more growl noise, while keeping my 'dual' exhaust. I love the look of dual exhaust, and had no idea the Gen10 had it until I looked under the car the other day. I made very unmanly noises when I saw it. Does anyone plan on making a dual exhaust catback for our cars?

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
I don't think it's possible for a dual exhaust to perform better than a single, in this case.
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/does-dual-exhaust-system-improve-cars-performance.htm
Running a single pipe from the engine to the muffler, then splitting the pipe behind the rear bumper doesn't accomplish a dang thing.

http://www.dallasnews.com/business/...ern-cars-dual-tailpipes-are-just-for-show.ece
The vast majority of cars you see with two tailpipes out back have what I’d call “faux dual exhaust.” That does nothing to improve the car’s performance. It improves the car’s appearance, but it doesn’t make the car go any faster.

http://blog.nwautos.com/2012/04/are_dual_exhausts_for_looks_or_do_they_enhance_performance.html
Ray: So it does work. But very few cars actually do it. More often, what you see are fake dual exhausts. There's actually a single exhaust pipe running from the engine to the muffler, and then the pipe is split, sending one tailpipe to each side of the car. That's just for looks.
Tom: Then there's the really cheap version, where the single exhaust pipe goes within inches of the rear bumper, then splits into two exhaust tips at the very end. Neither of those systems will affect performance. But I agree with you — they do enhance the look of a car and make it look more expensive.

mvance30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 si
doesn't sound as bad as i first thought and as bad as I thought their first video sounded.
Sponsored