Injen Releases Cold Air Intake for the Civic Type R!

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hi guys,
I was just in the USA and while i was there i purchased the Ingen induction kit for my UK FK8....the CEL and the sound changes too! It goes from the normal Ingen sound to loads of waste gate chatter. ...The code the comes up seams to be different to what your guys have shown: P2261, Turbocharger/Supercharger bypass valve mechanical...
Sent an email to Ingen, but not sure weather to phone or not as i don't know if they would be there on a Saturday?
The USA is on holiday until Tuesday. Unless someone more knowledgeable has an input, suggest taking a close look at any wiring or harnesses that were disturbed or disconnected/adjusted during the installation.
BTW did you have the original (forum item "CTR Rev Matching and Emissions Issues w/Check Engine light") defective harness issue/replacement involving the early '17 CTRs?
Sponsored

carvolution

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
The USA is on holiday until Tuesday. Unless someone more knowledgeable has an input, suggest taking a close look at any wiring or harnesses that were disturbed or disconnected/adjusted during the installation.
BTW did you have the original (forum item "CTR Rev Matching and Emissions Issues w/Check Engine light") defective harness issue/replacement involving the early '17 CTRs?
Checked over the whole install again and also watched a 45 min video on youtube to see if i had done it the same and all ok. Harness in perfect condition.

The only recall we have had with the UK civic's is a incorrect figure on towing in the owners handbook. Nothing about the Rev matching or Emissions?

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
thanks. still waiting on HKS and some other companies to come out with their intercoolers so i can scoop one up. IC is definitely on top of my list
Once you remove your stock one you’ll be surprised to see just how shitty it is lol.

Now who wants to buy my injen Intake :hmm:

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Checked over the whole install again and also watched a 45 min video on youtube to see if i had done it the same and all ok. Harness in perfect condition.
The only recall we have had with the UK civic's is a incorrect figure on towing in the owners handbook. Nothing about the Rev matching or Emissions?
The "harness issue" wasn't a recall item but a TSB was issued to replace a mis-manufactured harness that allowed the wires to pull out of the crimp/contact. Just thought it might be related to your issue and there wouldn't be a need for you to further "chase your tail" (looking for a problem that wasn't your fault).

secretaznman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ CRV & 17’ CTR #3284
Country flag
I also have one for sale if anyone’s interested lol

HondaReese23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 and EM1
mine as well! buy two. keep one and give the other to a friend. makes for a great stocking stuffer ;-)

BlackCTR

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I love my injen intake but the problem I am having is heatsoak. When its hot outside the ecu reduces boost pressure which is disappointing. I believe getting a tune would be the way to go but thats going to cost roughly $1600+

Has anyone come up with a way to combat the heatsoak issue at the filter without sacrificing sound/performance?

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I love my injen intake but the problem I am having is heatsoak. When its hot outside the ecu reduces boost pressure which is disappointing. I believe getting a tune would be the way to go but thats going to cost roughly $1600+

Has anyone come up with a way to combat the heatsoak issue at the filter without sacrificing sound/performance?
a tune won't solve your high IAT problem. It will make your heat soak worse. More power = more boost = more heat = more heatsoak

Do you have an intercooler? with how hot this thing gets I don't want to know how hot it was with a stock intercooler. The post IC IAT is not so bad ~40nph+ if you have a bigger intercooler. The only way to combat filter IAT would be to somehow build a box around it but that kit has way too many "openings"

carvolution

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Hi guys,
just an update on my issues.

Spoken to Steven at tech support at Injen and after a few calls that are sending a V2 tube to me in the UK.

I had my engine light switched off at Honda, but it kept coming back, and now they have replaced my turbo bypass valve and also done the cable tie update, even though my car had the updated wiring compared to the USA car.

But nearly 4 weeks since being home from the US, im still constantly having to contact Injen to get this replacement tube sent to me. And all i keep getting is that the red tubes are not back from the powder coaters. I have now asked if they can send me a different colour just to get this sorted!
Sponsored