Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
Because this is the first factory turbo Civic ever offered, many of your might not realize some of the benefits of upgrading the stock intercooler, or why this would even help performance.

Injen just recently released an intercooler for all 1.5T turbo 2016+ Civics (coupe, sedan, and hatchback). The Injen intercooler is TWICE as large the factory one, and reduces air temps by up to 24 degrees F.

Why is this useful / important? Read on...

Colder air in general gives more power due to the air being denser and containing more combustible oxygen per unit volume, and this is true whether or not you have a turbo vehicle. So, since the Injen intercooler drops temperatures by up to 24 F, you're going to pick up some power just from that.

However, there is added benefit on these 10th Gen turbo Civics: the colder air can cause the factory ECU to advance timing (or keep it steady) rather than retard it under spirited driving situations. The 2016+ turbo Civics all use a complicated dynamic (algorithmic) timing control, and variables such as engine coolant temperature, intake temperature, fuel quality, and other factors all can cause the ECU to decrease or increase timing, which can have a huge effect on power! We have seen this first hand on our dyno runs with our 2017 1.5T sedan shop car.

Hope this helps explain some of the mystery behind intercooler upgrades for those interested!

Key Features:
  • Drop-in (bolt-on) intercooler upgrade that results in up to 24 degrees F cooler air temps going into the engine.
  • Power gains of up to 16 hp and 19 lb-ft of torque.
  • Retains boost pressure to within 0.5 PSI across the core.
  • Core size dimensions: 21.06" x 5.75" x 5.28" (twice as large as stock).
  • Constructed with cast end tanks and precision CNC-machined aluminum flanges.
  • TIG-welded and has a slick silver finish.

For more product info and to purchase: https://www.procivic.com/pages-produ...067/index.html

Honda Civic 10th gen Injen Intercooler Product Info 41310_3067___10th%20Gen%20Civic%20Flyer

Honda Civic 10th gen Injen Intercooler Product Info 41310_3067___10th%20Gen%20Civic%20Product

Honda Civic 10th gen Injen Intercooler Product Info 41310_3067___10th%20Gen%20Civic%20Installed

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
must have!!!!

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
$600... yah not happening. not for 15hp

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag

Ryude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
People keep believing these dynos. I don't believe anything I can't witness myself at the track with a time slip.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Rallye Red Touring
Country flag
Hmm, so no one here seems to want this upgrade? I'm bone stock and I wouldn't mind throwing this baby on! 24 F cooler seems good to me, I live in Miami, FL and although 16HP and 19lb FT of tq seems a bit high, your telling me I can't get 10hp and 15kb-ft of tq? I mean, unless there is no benefit of just adding this to a stock Touring such as mine. I don't plan on getting Hondata, nor an intake in the near future, but if it helps in cooling with a little bit of hp and tq i'd be down.

phillyphan09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Hmm, so no one here seems to want this upgrade? I'm bone stock and I wouldn't mind throwing this baby on! 24 F cooler seems good to me, I live in Miami, FL and although 16HP and 19lb FT of tq seems a bit high, your telling me I can't get 10hp and 15kb-ft of tq? I mean, unless there is no benefit of just adding this to a stock Touring such as mine. I don't plan on getting Hondata, nor an intake in the near future, but if it helps in cooling with a little bit of hp and tq i'd be down.
I think everyone here wants this upgrade. No one want to pay almost $600 for it though.

Ryude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Not when I've bought plenty of high quality intercooler kits (including piping and clamps) in the past for under $400.

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Keep in mind these hp #s are from a dyno with a limited amount of air being pushed on the intercooler. If you were actually driving the car at speed with a ton of fresh cold air passing through it, the gains could be better.

Hopefully we'll get a chance to do some independent testing on this product soon. I'd like to datalog some real world driving scenarios to see how intake temps and ignition timing improve.

phillyphan09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Not when I've bought plenty of high quality intercooler kits (including piping and clamps) in the past for under $400.
Exactly. And for $100 less than this intercooler, you could buy a full Invidia exhaust. Im interested in this but the price would need to come down dramatically. I believe they are the first to bring product to market (I think the same goes for their exhaust and intake.. Great job Injen!) so that may explain the higher cost.

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'll pass along the feedback on the cost. That seems to be the consensus here. Good product but pricey. My guess is this is just not cheap for them to produce.
Sponsored