gates2424

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Tyoe R
Country flag
Looking at picking up a PRL stage 1 intake hose and filter to fit the stock box or install injen red intake. Really just looking for some sound improvement. Dont have tune. Any thoughts on which one is best .... i know the injen is known for heat soak. Living in Canada our temperatures are not overall high 82F.
Sponsored

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Looking at picking up a PRL stage 1 intake hose and filter to fit the stock box or install injen red intake. Really just looking for some sound improvement. Dont have tune. Any thoughts on which one is best .... i know the injen is known for heat soak. Living in Canada our temperatures are not overall high 82F.
Injen has pretty bad QCing and can get sloppy. Honestly go with the PRL cobra CAI. There’s a reason mostly everyone runs it, it’s GOOD

Toolz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I went with PRL Stage 1, Good price point, quality product, and more turbo noise ?

Reactions: AVR

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
If the prl stage 1 is the same tube as the street MAF from the CAI, then I can sell it to you and a K&N drop in filter (similar as PRLs) for $60 plus shipping. When I bought the CAI I wanted the Race, but they were heavily out of stock everywhere so went with a street and got the race MAF conversion. K&N filter has maybe 1,000miles on it, it’s still in my air filter box when I took it out to install the PRL CAI lol

Patrick Bateman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 FK8, ‘19 XC60 R-Design, ‘17 ZL1, ‘02 SS
Country flag
You’ll get a little extra noise with the stage 1. Worth the money imo.

If the prl stage 1 is the same tube as the street MAF from the CAI, then I can sell it to you and a K&N drop in filter (similar as PRLs) for $60 plus shipping. When I bought the CAI I wanted the Race, but they were heavily out of stock everywhere so went with a street and got the race MAF conversion. K&N filter has maybe 1,000miles on it, it’s still in my air filter box when I took it out to install the PRL CAI lol
This is the type-r section.

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
If you want more noise, get the PRL HV intake. The PRL tube w/ stock box will give you some noise but not going as much as the Injen open air intake. To minimize heat soak, any closed box intake should work: PRL HV, Mishimoto, AFE Takeda, Injen Evo, Eventuri, HKS, etc.

ctr_no650

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ctr, 2014 Chevy Sonic LTZ, 1990 rover mini
Country flag
prl for sure, i have an extra prl stage 1 silicone pipe ill sell you, i do not have the filter

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
Since everyone is trying to sell you some shit, I'll sell you some toilet paper, I have loads of it.

PRL stage 1 is cool, makes fun subtle noises.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
K&N drop in and call it a day
Sponsored