davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Heres the intercooler piping link.
http://www.newlevelmotorsports.com/263003c.html

if you look on page one on the intakes vs this one, plus Harley stated those are specific for the Si due to the different sized MAF. I already purchased it, if you want to wait till i receive it and find out the easy way (hopefully not the hard way), i'll post up the results. I specifically ordered the red one with the hydroshield. so we shall see when it comes in.
Just curious: what is the impact of this part? I had read that the stock intake was not restrictive on our cars, so I'm just wondering if the same applies to the intercooler piping?
Sponsored

RiceFingaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had a 2017 EX-T and the intake helped with the way the turbo sounded. But quite frankly in my eyes it's for aesthetics than anything. On the stock air filter box, it has to go through several channels before going in, i believe thats the only restriction i can see. then there's the talk of heat soak and such which is on another topic listed else where. But to each their own. I just like how the engine bay looks with the OP pictures and wanted something like that from when i purchased my vehicle. These are all new products coming out so there's plenty of room for R&D and new products. So we shall what develops from here on out.

Nighthawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag

Scarlet

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Civic LX Sedan - 1998 Civic Hatch - TBD Turbo Something - 2014 Honda Ruckus - 2017 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Heres the intercooler piping link.
http://www.newlevelmotorsports.com/263003c.html

if you look on page one on the intakes vs this one, plus Harley stated those are specific for the Si due to the different sized MAF. I already purchased it, if you want to wait till i receive it and find out the easy way (hopefully not the hard way), i'll post up the results. I specifically ordered the red one with the hydroshield. so we shall see when it comes in.
Ordered mine last night as well! Red also, got the shield too!

Thanks for the heads up and link!

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
Goes over the filter in a cold air setup to prevent hydro lock
The Hydro Shield pre-filter will not actually prevent hydro lock, unfortunately. This is because when the filter is submerged in water, there will still be enough pressure for the water to make it through. As Injen states, this item is "water repellent, not water proof." I feel like it will restrict airflow a bit too, although I have never seen a test proving that.

That said, the Hydro Shield pre-filter will help keep your filter dry and prevent it from getting soaked with water from road spray.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I'm thinking short ram configuration and just get an intercooler. No hydrolock :)

OP
OP
OsosikMedia

OsosikMedia

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si 2017 Civic SI x2
Country flag
This kit is specifically for the 2017 SI. The sensors are different in other models. I purchased the other one and found out the differences, I gave Injen my feedback and then they gave me a fully tested working CAI that is now for sale as of last week I believe.

OP
OP
OsosikMedia

OsosikMedia

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Quick update, I tuned my car today at Church Autmotive on Hondata FlashPro with E85 and Injen Cold Air Intake and IC piping (I got my intercooler and will install tonight), RV6 Downpipe, Clutch Masters Clutch, Hasport Rear Mount, Torco Oils. Sure it's not a "true" test to see actual results from this intake etc (I am working my way to test it myself although I believe Injen did it themselves) but i'm happy with these E85 results.

The turquoise line (highest hp/trq number) represents a custom tune.
The blue line represents a E85 base map derived from the Hondata 9+ psi calibration.
The red line represents stock boost levels.

Honda Civic 10th gen Injen Intake & Intercooler Piping for SI E85 Dyno Sheet 1

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
Quick update, I tuned my car today at Church Autmotive on Hondata FlashPro with E85 and Injen Cold Air Intake and IC piping (I got my intercooler and will install tonight), RV6 Downpipe, Clutch Masters Clutch, Hasport Rear Mount, Torco Oils. Sure it's not a "true" test to see actual results from this intake etc (I am working my way to test it myself although I believe Injen did it themselves) but i'm happy with these E85 results.

The blue line represents a E85 base map derived from the Hondata 9+ psi calibration.

E85 Dyno Sheet 1.jpeg
Jesus....that is a lot of torque! Awesome power gains too. Did Church mention if you were close to the Duty Cycle max for the DI injectors? I'm thinking with E85 the factory fuel system could be close to maxed out, but we haven't tested that here. The highest we usually get is around 35% duty cycle.

RiceFingaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

E85 Dyno Sheet 1.jpeg
Where did you purchase your intercooler piping from? Having trouble find a authorized dealer able to order it through Injen.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX, 2009 CRV EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

E85 Dyno Sheet 1.jpeg
I can't find a clutch for the 2017 Civic Si. How did you get a hold of one?

OP
OP
OsosikMedia

OsosikMedia

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Where did you purchase your intercooler piping from? Having trouble find a authorized dealer able to order it through Injen.
Direct from Injen.

I can't find a clutch for the 2017 Civic Si. How did you get a hold of one?
I got mine from Clutch Masters, contact them directly they will be happy to help you.
Sponsored